JUP Rpt Jun 09 - Viz is just about back !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Jumped on Jupiter Dive centers Republic 7 with Captain Brad today. I usually dive the back side of reefs. First drop was on Loggerhead which is a 75 ft deep reef and I could almost see the reef from my safety stop. Horizontal viz was about 60 ft. Second tank was on Captain Mike's and it was hazy 50 ft. At least a dozen turtles today. Only three LF tails turned in today, but I know where they're hiding out deep.

20230609_123523.jpg

Viz is rapidly getting back to normal. Hoping @CosbySweater chimes in with a report Saturday. The US1 Jupiter bridge construction is building up. They have topped off both sides and are now starting on the lead up strand supports. They also are just barely beginning on some of the road side barriers, but not the road itself.

20230609_085047.jpg

I came down early to go walk the beach and check out a ton of loggerhead turtle tracks from them laying their eggs overnight. Some of them can't climb the steep sand undercuts and turned around to try again on a different night{pict}. If you love turtles, beginning of June is the primetime right now to both walk the beach and dive the reefs to see dozens like today,

20230609_073205.jpg

I've never had any safety issues on JDC. They aren't my favorite charter, but I've never had any issues. I'll definitely dive with them again at some point.

Spiral fracture on my fibula (Broken leg), major surgery for me last year. I was in bed for 2 months and unable to dive or walk for a total of 4 months. The hatch was not covered with grip tape or a mat. Called the owner to inform them to resolve their safety issues. Previously I have also flagged problems with the boats there. I am done with them.

There are too many great operations there to choose from, my preference is Kyalami due to the service, but scubaworks is fine too.

Got out with JDC this morning with Ryan. Bluffs and Kirle’s. 25-30 feet of viz on both dives. Greenish water. Not terrible but I was hoping for blue water. 81 degrees.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom