June 5 or 6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marc, It was a picture perfect dive, no current, no waves, no surge and lots of sun.
D1 - Chuck and I swan out to the 2nd reef, headed north in hopes of getting some fish for dinner. Unfortunately the only thing we saw were some fast moving tarpon. Coral looked great as the rays of sunlight pierced the water. Viz was about 25 feet.

D2 - Although Marc and I lost one another, it was only for a few moments. Seems like we were on the same page. We did not see anything spectacular or unusual. Both of us did a little reef cleanup.

Dive Safely

Joe

Hi folks,

I just wanted to add that Saturday was a great day of diving. I dove with BigSage, Krista and Marvel. Walter also went in with us, but focused on cleaning up the pier area. Water was warm (81 degrees by the sometimes accurate thermometer in my computer). We went a little south of Hibiscus, where there were some star coral formations that were very nice. Saw two ENORMOUS porcupine fish (2.5-3') and found the hull of a small wreck that I'd never seen before (overturned steel hull, with reinforcements, looked like an old lifeboat.)

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but duty called this weekend. I didn't even know I was diving until that morning, when, as I was fumbling through my dive gear, trying to decide whether to try to make it out, I got a call. (Thanks Jenny, you're the greatest! I hate that we didn't get to dive together, but we'll make up for that next weekend! And my best to Hermit Crab.)

Anyway, it was, as always, a great time on Hibiscus, complete with watermelon by Marvel. BigSage, it was great meeting you, and I can't wait to hang out together in the future - let me know whenever you need a dive buddy and you've got one. Krista, I was really glad to see you there, in spite of the sand!

As for the late arrivals, I'm sorry that I missed you. Hope to see everybody next week at the cleanup.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

I thought we were diving Hollywood last Saturday morning. (??) I guess I'm not quick enough to keep up with the plans! :wink:

Hi Nate,

I'm sorry that I didn't call. As you might have seen above, I decided at the last minute to join the group.

Are you going to the reef clean up on Saturday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom