JUly26th OFWF Brockville Scuba Party & Guest List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to make it! I'm going to make it! I'm going to make it!

(For those of you who don't understand what that means, it means basically - I'm going to make it. I will indeed be attending.)

You can all run away in shock and horror now. I know you were probably reconciled to having an event without me, and it must have been horrible disappointing for everyone, but you can relax - Boogie711 is going to be in the house!

So is Seacur (John). We'll be driving from Kitchener/Stratford early on Friday morning - we hope to get in by Noon or 2pm and dive Friday afternoon and evening somewhere, all day Saturday, and maybe a quick dive on Sunday morning before heading home.

I understand this is terrible exciting news to everyone, so I'm going to ask that the dinner invites be kept to a minimum. Also, if you're planning on lauding me with gifts, it has to be small enough to fit into John's minivan, and we have a lot of gear, so remember - just because it's small doesn't mean I don't know it's expensive. Gold, Diamonds or Suunto Vytec computers will do quite nicely....

(And before the flame wars start, YES I'M KIDDING YOU MORONS! :D :wacko: :D :wacko: :D

(OK - just mostly kidding about the gifts. I am indeed coming.)

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I'm going to make it! I'm going to make it! I'm going to make it!

Folks, that's what he sounded like tonight at Gulliver's dancing around trying to get out of his semi-dry suit to head for the potty. Sadly a lot of folks heard him. I think it was the deciding factor for them in the choice between Brockville & Gilboa on the 26th. They've decided on Gilboa. Who can blame them?

JohnF

If you had actually took us where we were supposed to be going instead of swimming aimlessly into the middle of nowhere, maybe we could have finished the dive in a reasonable amount of time and I could have discreetly ungeared and slipped off to the bathrooms.

No - Mr. "Compass - who needs a stinking compass" decides to do the circuitous tour of Gullivers. As a result, Jeff ends up running across a parking lot screaming out "Someone undo this zipper - I have to pee!"

Damned Mares Isotherm semi-dry.

Boogie711 once bubbled...

No - Mr. "Compass - who needs a stinking compass" decides to do the circuitous tour of Gullivers. As a result, Jeff ends up running across a parking lot screaming out "Someone undo this zipper - I have to pee!"

Damned Mares Isotherm semi-dry.

My internal compass got silted out. I have an old bladder and a pristine drysuit, and I don't remember me humiliating myself doing a peepee dance in front of all those strangers. You have TB my son. (tiny bladder)

JohnF

Man, I am sooo sorry I missed that. :D Isotherm? Dry Suit? Gullivers is 75F! What will you do when it gets cold? :eek:ut:

Sorry I couldn't make it along last night, sounds like you had fun. I worked till 9:30pm on some work upgrades. We do hope to head out there this eve.

Glad to hear you're coming to Brockville. I thought you were going to Toby.

who lives and does most of his diving on the Bruce Peninsula. Two weeks ago I was diving and the surface temperature was 42 degrees. What in the WORLD would I do with a 3/2 mil wetsuit??? :)

And John was testing his new drysuit valve. It was leaking on him earlier, so he got some verbal directions from the nice folks at Bare on how to repair the thing. Works like a charm now.

But yes - it was definitely very warm. And apparently, when you're floating in warm water... :embarr:

Yeah, I knew that. :wink: I know at least one guy who takes his drysuit to Cozumel. :confused: It does look a little silly, something like watching a guy with doubles wading in when it's 25 ffw max.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
Man, I am sooo sorry I missed that. :D Isotherm? Dry Suit? Gullivers is 75F! What will you do when it gets cold? :eek:ut:

Sorry I couldn't make it along last night, sounds like you had fun. I worked till 9:30pm on some work upgrades. We do hope to head out there this eve.

Glad to hear you're coming to Brockville. I thought you were going to Toby.

I dove my drysuit to test the fix the Bare service dude suggested by phone. It worked, my thanks to the Bare folks. And you're right, the drysuit is a bit much in Gulliver's. Jeff, on the other hand dove his semi-dry cuz he's a wimp.

JohnF

That's a lot of people to be diving the wrecks at one time - especially given the parking situation (which will be ugly, even with carpooling). Any merit in splitting ourselves up into two shifts, with one group doing the Conestoga first and the other the Rothesay, then switching?

I don't know the area at all, but that sounds like it might be a good plan. How many other divers (not with our group) are there likely to be at either site?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom