July Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've only been diving with them for the last 6 or 7 years, so my boat reference wouldn't go back further than that. Yuval has been the owner for somewhat longer - maybe a lot longer. I don't know if he changed any names when he bought the shop or not. In any event, I've never heard of either of the names you mentioned.

I couldn't remember the names of the 3 boats that he had, (AK, Enigma, and Atila II), and just looked at their website, and was surprised to see that he now has a 4th. It sounds wonderful at 30' long and 8' wide with 2 Yamaha 150's.

It was longer ago than that when I dove with them. I think they'd only been in business a couple years when I was there. Most, maybe all of my diving was with Pumba. Nice guy and a good DM.

The boat, I'm pretty sure it was The Zeus, was a really great boat for diving. 10 pax, cover, padding on the seats, padding on the floor, plenty of power, rode nice. It was a pleasure. I can't imagine they'd have gotten rid of it, but who knows.

It was longer ago than that when I dove with them. I think they'd only been in business a couple years when I was there. Most, maybe all of my diving was with Pumba. Nice guy and a good DM.

We dove with Pumba a few times; he was a lot of fun. Once he was a bit ahead of us and indicated a swimthrough; when I turned into it I saw him in an alcove lying on his side pretending to be taking a nap. Somewhere I have a picture of him on a dive wearing a molted crap exoskeleton as a hat.

Most, maybe all of my diving was with Pumba. Nice guy and a good DM.

We dove with Pumba a few times; he was a lot of fun. Once he was a bit ahead of us and indicated a swimthrough; when I turned into it I saw him in an alcove lying on his side pretending to be taking a nap. Somewhere I have a picture of him on a dive wearing a molted crap exoskeleton as a hat.

He moved to a different op a few years ago, and I heard that he's now mostly retired.
We never dove with him as he always went out in the mornings, and we have always been afternoon divers.
Heard many times that he was another one who had both gills and lungs.

@Annie Shaw, if you're diving with the 'in house' shop you'll be diving with Dive House. They have big boats that hold a lot of people. You're close to the dive sites so they'll be relatively quick trips there and back. If you choose to go with a shop other than Dive House you'll have to pay a fee to get picked up at their pier (it's the pier who charges the fee, not the dive op you go out with). I think it's $3 or $4 - not sure if that's per person per day or for the two of you. They don't charge it if you're diving with Dive House. Sunscape has a nice beach, and the pier is brand new and should provide a great place to watch the sunset. Have fun!

Thanks @Kimela. Yes, going with in house dive shop. They got decent reviews and seem reputable. Easier for us newbies. A quick boat ride is good. That's the worst part for me. Thanks for sharing the info!

Arew+4...................June 29-July 6.......El Cantil........Tres Pelecanos
Rob9876+3............July 3-July 10........Peninsula.................Undecided (may try Pepe's, since walkable to condo)
Saxonjd..................July 4 - 12.............Northside condo.....ScubaTony
Nicklebon +1+1ND.July 6 - 14............Occidental...............?(maybe Salty Endeavours)
Kimela & Roger.....July 6 - 20 ........... renting a house.......AquaSafari
cajuncathlab1656+family...July 9-16..El Cozumeleno........Aqua Safari.
k4kafka..................mid-July.................?................................Aldora
Annie Shaw+1.......July 13-20.............Sunset Sabor............?
mediumone and wife....July 13-27..... Airbnb downtown..... Blue Magic
NeilA +family........July 24-Aug 1...Landmark Resort...Scuba Tony
Dan G+1................July 26-Aug 1........Villa Aldora.............. Aldora

Any others? We did decide to try Pepe's -- they are very convenient to our condo location, and saves us from having to get taxis in the morning or rent an extra car. I haven't seen much about them on Scubaboard recently, but what I have found on other sites seems quite positive.

Arew+4..............................June 29-July 6....El Cantil....................Tres Pelecanos
Rob9876+3.......................July 3-July 10......Peninsula.................Pepe Scuba
Saxonjd.............................July 4 - 12...........Northside condo.....ScubaTony
Nicklebon +1+1ND..........July 6 - 14...........Occidental................?(maybe Salty Endeavours)
Kimela & Roger................July 6 - 20 ......... renting a house.......AquaSafari
cajuncathlab1656+fam...July 9-16.............El Cozumeleno........Aqua Safari
WesnotEast+1..................July 11-17...........Secrets.....................Aquaholics
k4kafka.............................mid-July.................?.............................Aldora
Annie Shaw+1..................July 13-20...........Sunset Sabor............?
mediumone and wife.....July 13-27...........Airbnb downtown...Blue Magic
NeilA +family...................July 24-Aug 1......Landmark Resort....Scuba Tony
Dan G+1...........................July 26-Aug 1......Villa Aldora............. Aldora

Back
Top Bottom