July Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arew+4............................June 29-July 6.....El Cantil......................Tres Pelicanos
Rob9876+3......................July 3-July 10......Peninsula...................Pepe Scuba
Ankita...............................July 4-8...............Casa Mexicana..........Tres Pelicanos
Saxonjd............................July 4 - 12...........Northside condo.......ScubaTony
Nicklebon +1+1ND..........July 6 - 14..........Occidental..................?(maybe Salty Endeavours)
Kimela & Roger................July 6 - 20 ........ renting a house.........AquaSafari
cajuncathlab1656+fam...July 9-16............El Cozumeleno..........Aqua Safari
tiger1974..........................July 10-17 .........Renting Apartment...ScubaLuis
Robert(newgentry)+2......July 10-31......... El Cantil......................Aldora
WesnotEast+1..................July 11-17..........Secrets.......................Aquaholics
k4kafka.............................mid-July.................?..............................Aldora
Annie Shaw+1..................July 13-20..........Sunset Sabor.............?
mediumone and wife.....July 13-27..........Airbnb downtown.....Blue Magic
gopbroek.........................July 20-27............?.................................Tres Pelicanos
NeilA +family...................July 24-Aug 1.....Landmark Resort......Scuba Tony
DallasNewbie+family.....July 25-30...........Blue Angel.................Blue Angel
Dan G+1...........................July 26-Aug 1.....Villa Aldora............... Aldora

Other than that, one thing I'd recommend is to be sure to see some of the other parts of the island as time allows -- rent an old VW beetle convertible (or something else if you don't drive stick-shift) from Rentadora Isis and drive around the whole island one afternoon ...
Or hire a cab for the day. You can likely get one for close to what the rental would cost and you can relax and enjoy the ride. It is what we always do now after many years of dealing with the hassle of a rent vehicle, and I have yet to meet a cab driver who didn't jump at the opportunity. They all know the drill.

Or hire a cab for the day. You can likely get one for close to what the rental would cost and you can relax and enjoy the ride. It is what we always do now after many years of dealing with the hassle of a rent vehicle, and I have yet to meet a cab driver who didn't jump at the opportunity. They all know the drill.
Any of these cabs have room for 5 adults? I'll be looking for one to take us around the island on our off day.

Added myself to the list. Me and my NDW are going to Palace for our 25th!!!!! Just booked last minute lol. :)

Arew+4............................June 29-July 6.....El Cantil......................Tres Pelicanos
Rob9876+3......................July 3-July 10......Peninsula...................Pepe Scuba
Ankita...............................July 4-8...............Casa Mexicana..........Tres Pelicanos
Saxonjd............................July 4 - 12...........Northside condo.......ScubaTony
Nicklebon +1+1ND..........July 6 - 14..........Occidental..................?(maybe Salty Endeavours)
Kimela & Roger................July 6 - 20 ........ renting a house.........AquaSafari
cajuncathlab1656+fam...July 9-16............El Cozumeleno..........Aqua Safari
tiger1974..........................July 10-17 .........Renting Apartment...ScubaLuis
Robert(newgentry)+2......July 10-31......... El Cantil......................Aldora
WesnotEast+1..................July 11-17..........Secrets.......................Aquaholics
k4kafka.............................mid-July.................?..............................Aldora
Annie Shaw+1..................July 13-20..........Sunset Sabor.............?
mediumone and wife.....July 13-27..........Airbnb downtown.....Blue Magic
Brules + Non Dive Wife.....July 17-24..........Palace.............TBD
gopbroek.........................July 20-27............?.................................Tres Pelicanos
NeilA +family...................July 24-Aug 1.....Landmark Resort......Scuba Tony
DallasNewbie+family.....July 25-30...........Blue Angel.................Blue Angel
Dan G+1...........................July 26-Aug 1.....Villa Aldora............... Aldora

Any of these cabs have room for 5 adults? I'll be looking for one to take us around the island on our off day.
The are cabs of all sizes on Cozumel. The guy we use has a taxi van that seats 8.

If you get on the Facebook group "Cozumel 4 You" you can get phone numbers/names/email address for several taxi drivers with vans that do excellent all day around the island trips.

So what would one expect to pay for a cab tour of the island? (Or is it something we're not supposed to talk about?)

So what would one expect to pay for a cab tour of the island? (Or is it something we're not supposed to talk about?)
We can talk about it all we want; all I can tell you is that for us it was pretty much what a rental vehicle would have cost with none of the hassle or responsibility.

Hard to say as they go by # of people and time usually. On the FB group I mentioned you can search "taxi van" and it will pull up a bunch of posts where they tag the drivers with a review and or post their phone numbers or email. You can reach out to them that way and get pricing and set it up I am sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom