July 17th - 2 tank Night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mam, yes mam! and thanks for putting it together!

We had a nice planning session and I learned a few more things about order, reverse order, etc. Anybody interested in how the GUE guys plan a penetration dive will certainly get a bit of exposure watching Tom. We are asking that divers not enter the engine room as divers will be filming and laying line, etc. (safety is an issue due to space) Peering in is great if you are interested in his procedure, I bet you can see from the entry hatch. Also, the bridge is very spacious and very conducive to divers who feel comfortable taking pictures of the gauges, etc. (light penetration at your own risk, on that end, etc)
Remember this is on the deep side (127ft) and each diver needs to have planned their own profile. Follow the leader is not advised as some of our group has doubles, etc.
Watch your NDL and air and buddy up. We should have twilight but be prepared for darkness and bring lights. Use the ascent line if you need it, in the event of current and please have a SMB in case you are swept off the wreck. There is boat traffic and you will be enjoying a float until the boat is available to pick you up. (This should not happen, but just in case, be prepared)

Can't wait! Hope for nice weather and it looks like a pot luck "free for all" snack. Refreshments are only what we bring, so bring some water at least. The surface interval will be before we motor over to Kewalo Deep Pipe. Sometimes divers forget that this end of Kewalo is around 65 feet...so watch your NDL. It is easy to think you are at the shallow end around 40 ft, so keep an eye on your selves! Leesa knows where the secret critters bunk, so don't tell the fish collectors! :D

I am not runnning this show...but wanted to post this for anyone who has not done these sites, in case we get busy and miss a few points in the briefing...

Bring jackets.

what time is our party meeting?

I meant worth leaving work early...then again if I don't have to whip something up it means less work for me :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom