July 17th - 2 tank Night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Justleesa. I'm looking forward to it. I'll keep an eye on this thread for details. See you on the 17th!! You, too, Sea Nmf.

Billfish

Hey guys!

I just talked to the Captain and he said we can determine our own departure time. The sun sets at 7:17, what time do you think we should leave?

Well, if we want a NIGHT dive on the Sea Tiger, then leaving at 5 p.m. isn't going to give us that. If we arrived at the ST at 7 p.m., we would have a twilight dive.

So - we should either leave later or do a reverse profile and do the shallow reef first.

I would like to see us leave later than 5 p.m., for sure.

justleesa:
See first post :D

I know that was what the plan was. But my point was that if we left the dock at 5 p.m., it wouldn't be a twilight dive, but a day time dive.

We would need to do a reverse profile if we left the dock at 5 p.m. or wait around until the sun set at 7:15 for the twilight dive.

(I'm sorry - not very articulate . . . )

I talked with Roger and they leave at 6PM for the twilight dive, but would be leaving from kewalo basin, we are leaving from Kehi (sp?)...so we would need to leave about 15 minutes earlier to compensate for the longer drive...

Speaking of which, I will need detailed driving directions to get to the boat. I know you don't personally have them but do you know where can I get them?

I vote for the boat leaving between 6 and 6:30.

Duh! I found directions.

Here's the link:http://aaadiving.com/directions.php

Driving Directions to Keehi Boat Harbor

From East Oahu (Waikiki):
Head West on H1. Take Exit (19A) Middle Street. Turn Left on Middle Street. Turn Left on Nimitz Hwy. Turn Right on Sand Island Access Road. Go OVER the Bridge. Turn Right at the 2nd Traffic Light.

From West Oahu:
Head East on H1. Take Exit (18A) Waikiki/Nimitz Hwy. Turn Right on Sand Island Access Road. Go OVER the Bridge. Turn Right at the 2nd Traffic Light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom