July 17th - 2 tank Night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The right turn after you go over the bridge is a teeny tricky cause there is a road that looks like a right turn but it is a driveway road and a big gate. So...wait for the sign that says kehei boat harbor or state ramp or whatever the heck it says...

The thing you have to realize on the time is if you are diving at twilight, it is pretty dark when you come up and set up for dive number two. Just be sure we can see to find the bouy for Deep Kewalo. We don't want Chris cussing us trying to find the mooring.
I know bruce said he would put a glow sick on it...but that takes thirty minutes right there at least so it doesn't really buy us anytime on the departure side.

catherine96821:
The thing you have to realize on the time is if you are diving at twilight, it is pretty dark when you come up and set up for dive number two. Just be sure we can see to find the bouy for Deep Kewalo. We don't want Chris cussing us trying to find the mooring.
I know bruce said he would put a glow sick on it...but that takes thirty minutes right there at least so it doesn't really buy us anytime on the departure side.

(Just kidding here . . . ) then let's do a "live" boat dive and then we don't have to worry about the mooring ball at all! He can pick us up where we end up!

So, Catherine, what is the optimal time to leave the dock?

sea nmf:
(Just kidding here . . . ) then let's do a "live" boat dive and then we don't have to worry about the mooring ball at all! He can pick us up where we end up!

So, Catherine, what is the optimal time to leave the dock?

I need to stay out of the time line but remember leesa set this up and she has guests (business) so we are all sorta on that program. Her insurance may not cover her at night on a drift. If it is just us yahoos...then it is another story.

I will have a boat in less than 90 days and JB will yahoo ya'll on any dive you like..I promise. Remember the liability monkey she has to consider that we don't.

Start collecting coordinates...

OK, I really hate to be a party pooper but in my first post I outlined what the dive will be. In the other thread Catherine suggested that we catch the shallow mooring with a glow sitck on the way out. In the 5th post I wrote that the departure would be 5ish and no one said a word. It just won't work at 6:30, 6 is already pushing it..So I will set a time, the boat will leave the dock at 5:45PM. Remember, there will be people on the boat that don't know each other and don't know each others skill level. For the first time together and since, as Catherine pointed out, it's on my insurance let's make it a safe and easy dive (you techies can dive your profile). When we do a non-commerical charter we can do what you want.

Looks like we will be 11 people (the Kiwis never left their name or # so I don't know how to contact them)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom