July 16 - Lake Rawlings- Diving and grillfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We should be in on Friday night - barring any problems. We'll save a little spot for your little tent.

Mrs.Prages:
We should be in on Friday night - barring any problems. We'll save a little spot for your little tent.

Unfortunately I won't be camping this time. :( I'll just be there for the day.

How quickly can Lake Rawlings' dive shop refill my tanks? Does anybody know? I've never been there.

cmalinowski:
How quickly can Lake Rawlings' dive shop refill my tanks? Does anybody know? I've never been there.
Depends on how busy they are. And, uh, they get pretty busy... Overnight is no problem, if during the day...it would be worth it to take the number of tanks that you plan to dive. It can get pretty random otherwise...

Doc Intrepid:
Depends on how busy they are. And, uh, they get pretty busy... Overnight is no problem, if during the day...it would be worth it to take the number of tanks that you plan to dive. It can get pretty random otherwise...
wanted to try and get two afternoon dives and a night dive in on Saturday. I only have two tanks and would like to get one filled. Maybe if I do my first dive and then take the tank to get it filled before my second dive.

Change my status to a 'go'. I'm also bringing an additional diver. The other two people I invited are going to call me today (they just got back in town), but I would give them pretty good odds of coming.

I got a reservation by the dive shack, which I figured is where they'd put me. I gotta start refering to the RV as the 'motorhome'. I think they are expecting a trailer....this outa be an interesting weekend :)

Ok I have a few questions:

I've never been to Lake Rawlings and have only met Jason, Glen+, Jeff+, Marci, Mel, Paula and Linda. As long as I don't get lost I will arrive Friday night around 9 or 10pm. I'm just wondering how I will find every one? Are there any landmarks, or are we just camping any ole place and meeting for the dives on Saturday morning?

I don't think I can get tanks on my way out to work that day, so how hard will it be to pick up rentals on Saturday morning? Do they have a reservation system for tanks?

That's all I can think of right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom