Juliette Report 21-22 July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaconBubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Oh happy day! What a great weekend of diving! Not only was the diving great, I made three new dive buddies and got so much accomplished other than just having fun. I'm really starting to love Lake Juliette. We saw so many cool fish this weekend. Today for some reason, the water reminded me of a London Fog...added a real spooky feel to it. Several times we got caught up in large schools of shiney, silvery little fish and we saw some really big ones too. I think there's one particular school of something (kind of silvery-yellow with a dark circle on the gill) that is getting to know us. They lead or follow us for most of the dive. There's about 10-12 of them, one about 12" long. This is where jksteger normally dives with me, but this weekend it was SaltH2O (Mark), Brow and another Mark from Robins AFB, and The Kraken. I finally got my weight right. I've been playing with that for weeks, but The Kraken helped me do a proper weight check and we finally nailed it. Also, my first stage has been upside down and put together all wrong since I got it nearly a year ago. I kept complaining that I couldn't raise my head without hitting the back of my head. I knew I needed to get the thing fixed just because it was upside down, but what I didn't realize was that by fixing that, I no longer hit my head when I tilt my head back. So The Kraken fixed that for me too and I'm so much more comfortable now. While moving my hoses around, he also noticed a broken o-ring and fixed that. I'm going to the Oriskany next weekend so I'm so glad he found that today. Mark and I shared air on our last dive for a 15 min safety stop just to see how much air we would use. That was interesting. I also practiced mask R&R since I haven't done that in awhile. I used to have to hold my nose to do that and I found that I didn't have to do that anymore. So, it was a fun and productive weekend and a good time was had by all. Thanks to all of my buddies! Jeremy, sorry you missed it but we'll do it again soon--you know that!

Thanks for having me out on Saturday...it was great to dive locally and meet new buddies. I wish I could have been there today (some days work just sucks). I'm looking forward to getting back out there with you once you get back from the O.

mark

Great to hear everyone had a good time. I did my Rescue and my PSD class at lake Juliette. It's a pretty neat place. I need to get back up there and do it again some time.

willardj:
Great to hear everyone had a good time. I did my Rescue and my PSD class at lake Juliette. It's a pretty neat place. I need to get back up there and do it again some time.

Things may have changed since you were last there Willard. You now have to get written permission any time you want to dive. I'll let you know next time we go, or you can PM me if you need instructions. At least two of us go just about every weekend.

MaconBubbles:
Things may have changed since you were last there Willard. You now have to get written permission any time you want to dive. I'll let you know next time we go, or you can PM me if you need instructions. At least two of us go just about every weekend.

When did they change that? It's probley been 5 or 6 yrs sense I've been there. My classes were tought though the fire academy that might have been how we got in.

willardj:
When did they change that? It's probley been 5 or 6 yrs sense I've been there. My classes were tought though the fire academy that might have been how we got in.

Not sure when they started it. We (each person) has to e-mail them every week. The first time, you have to send a copy of your driver's license, your address, and phone numbers. After that, you have to e-mail them every week you want to dive there and ask permission. Then you also have to stop at the guard shack and sign some paperwork, and check out when you leave. To dive off the point you will need at least one vehicle with a yearly pass ($35). At least, that's what we were told last weekend when Dennis tried to drive in his own vehicle without a yearly pass. They did let him in for the daily rate of $3 but she told us divers were supposed to have the yearly pass and we could all ride in one vehicle.

Email Doug at daellis@southernco.com and Wanda at wmgreene@southernco.com

Reefwatcher:
The wife and I are signed up for classes now.

Soon we hope the join everyone.

We live 10 minutes from the lake.

That's great...there's a group of us that try to get out there most weekends (when we're not diving somewhere else). Enjoy the class and let us know when you're done. You'll be welcome to join us.

Mark

Wick00:
That's great...there's a group of us that try to get out there most weekends (when we're not diving somewhere else). Enjoy the class and let us know when you're done. You'll be welcome to join us.

Mark

Thanks Mark!

We picked up our gear Saturday.

The wife and I are really excited, and can't wait to get started.

Back
Top Bottom