Join us on the Great Escape, Jan 17, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just getting back to San Pedro, those of you that didn't make it really missed out.

:D

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Hope you all had a good time :) We had two good dives at Laguna. Hopeto see your guys photos

I'm looking forward to posting pics of our surface intervals. Should bring a smile to our frozen brethren's faces. :laughsnow::cold: :D........well, maybe not. :rofl3:

Oh I'll be smiling for you guys. You won't see it though - the toque's pulled down and the scarf's pulled up.

But I'll be smiling... :moose:

Maybe a little envy will help warm me up.

It was definitely a lovely day. I didn't see anything extraordinary but the dives were lovely regardless. Actually, I take it back, TeamCasa and his lovely bride swam hand-in-hand. It was the most romantic thing I've ever seen.

We had a wonderful day of diving yesterday off Catalina. We dove at Lands End and Parsons Landing. The vis was not that great (maybe 20 ft), but it was a beautiful day. We fought a bit of current, but overall it was good diving. We saw beautiful sea stars, sea bass guarding their eggs, spanish shawl nudibranchs, keyhole limpids, and the usual cast of underwater characters.

We could see Catalina and Santa Barbara Islands immediately upon leaving Long Beach and could see Mount Baldy from Catalina as well. The seas were calm so the boat crossing was easy. We were on the Great Escape out of Long Beach and Tim and his crew did a marvelous job of taking care of us. The food was excellent and the crew helpful and accomodating. I couldn't recommend a boat more highly! Tim and crew, thank you for a great day of diving and fellowship.

Pictures to follow...

Last edited:
I just want to thank everyone; I know Marian and I had a wonderful time!

Pictures here.

Thanks for setting this up Dave! It was a great day for diving, and really nice to meet so many familiar names. A terrific group of people, fantastic boat and super conditions.

Getting ready to go- Shorts at 6am? Heck yeah!
CatalinaScubaboard003.jpg

Flat as a lake!
CatalinaScubaboard019.jpg

Hmmmm......almost 70 degrees in the shade....
CatalinaScubaboard023.jpg

4 ft Angel Shark-
P1171015.jpg

3 fingered Louis-
P1171017.jpg

Kodi making sure everyone is back on board safely-
CatalinaScubaboard037.jpg

Last edited:
It was definitely a lovely day. I didn't see anything extraordinary but the dives were lovely regardless. Actually, I take it back, TeamCasa and his lovely bride swam hand-in-hand. It was the most romantic thing I've ever seen.

Quite! You will ruin my hard fought image as a bad guy!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom