Join us on the Great Escape, Jan 17, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Price is fixed - 130.

As far as I know 20 so far.

Price is fixed - 130.

Is the 20 just the ScubaBoard group or everyone? On the Great Escape calendar it's listed as 1/2 ScubaBoard, 1/2 open boat. I've had the pleasure of diving the Great Escape (Jan 07) with only 8 divers! But this past July I also went with a photography group that had around 20 and Capt Tim also booked another 16 or so on the open boat portion. It was still good diving but 36+ on that boat even as big as it is does make it crowded.

Anyways I'm looking forward to a great trip Jan 17!

Price is fixed - 130.

Hi Dave,
do you know where are we going?

Thanks

AM

Hi Dave,
do you know where are we going?

Thanks

AM

Catalina is the primary, actual dive spots will be determined that day.

Sounds like a fun time but right now it looks like I'm going to go with my dive partner on the Sea Bass for oil rig dive. If that dive is cancelled then I'd love to come along. I missed out on the last oil rig dive and I was told that it's awesome.

Wow, the forecast looks fantastic! We are getting real close so if you have not signed up yet, time is runing out to join us...There will be prizes!

No oil rig dive for me. My buddy gotta work. So I'm signed up with the Great Escape!!! Please don't mind the dude with the clownfish color wetsuit.

My knee looks ok .... I dove last Sat. (beach entry at Heisler 's Park in Laguna) and I had no problems.

I guess I will be on the boat too.

Any chance to go to Farnsworth?
I have been playing with the virtual dive site of Farnsworth recently and I am very curious now to see the real thing!:D

AM

I doubt we will make Farnsworth but it does look like we are going to have a great day! I'm glad the knee is up to diving.

I guess I'm getting a little confused about the talk of going to Farnsworth. For Great Escape trips Farnsworth is a specifically planned destination, the boat leaves at 6AM and charges $140 for that trip. Front side trips leave at 7AM and are $130 (and it looks like it's changing to $135 after this trip). I'm pretty sure this is scheduled as a front side trip leaving at 7AM. Is that correct?

For what it's worth, the Great Escape did have a Farnsworth trip planned this past Saturday (Reefseekers charter). They turned the west corner and at first thought they would make it but soon learned the waves and current were too strong and abandoned a Farnsworth attempt and dove the west end instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom