Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Now that is it, I just put up a STOP SIGN, No pass go, and do not collect $200 Bucks, And do not persue me like a bed toy....That is the end of her!!! She is NUTS!!:shocked2:

The crazy ones are the best, if you know what i'm saying. :wink:

And any man that doesn't want to be pursued as a bed toy is either: 1) GAY 2) Dead. And since you're online, I'm guessing it's not # 2.

Guy, it's just a bit frustrating when you know something's out there, but don't know where it is, and even if you saw it you wouldn't know you came across it. I didn't know that anchor was there till they raised it :(. Now I think it's really cool.
That's why having a guide would be great. I've done BW probably 50 times, one of my favorite spots, I feel safe there. I still haven't seen everything yet.

Before I started to map the BW deliberately, if there was a single point I found during a dive that I wanted to return to/near, I found that I could buoy it with a plastic water bottle (before I had a DSMB) and my reel, or whatever line I happened to have (Home Depot has some cheap red or orange nylon on a frame). Alternatively, just surface as directly above the spot as you can and take some bearings/find some lineups. Either method will get you in the ballpark, and the rest is just knowing how to swim an appropriate search pattern.

But if we're ever down there at the same time, I'll be happy to show you the Catamaran, Boat and a few other spots. Or you can just go to the files section of ba_diving, in the San Carlos Beach folder, download the files and explore for yourself. You've already made it out to the barge, so I know your nav. is decent.

Guy

And any man that doesn't want to be pursued as a bed toy is either: 1) GAY 2) Dead. And since you're online, I'm guessing it's not # 2.

While in general terms you're probably right, in a specific instance that would depend on who's pursuing.

Guy (neither #1 or #2)

Guy, not only did I make it to the barge Sunday, I made it back to the line and followed it back to the wall. Or I think I did. Are there bottles at both ends of the line? If so, the bottle closest to the wall needs to be replaced if you get around to it, it was looking pretty crusty.

Guy, not only did I make it to the barge Sunday, I made it back to the line and followed it back to the wall. Or I think I did. Are there bottles at both ends of the line? If so, the bottle closest to the wall needs to be replaced if you get around to it, it was looking pretty crusty.

Yes, indeed. Actually, I was talking about that bottle with Brenna Green (who put it in) on Sunday. She's using it as an impromptu study of the encrustation rate, as she knows the date she put it in. If the outer bottle hadn't disappeared when the sandscrew rusted through we'd have a good comparison of rates, as I put that bottle in later than hers. As it is, the clock on the outer one started anew on Saturday.

Guy

:shakehead:
No, You are Just one of those guys that Girls call Jerks I guess, There is a big Differance in being wanted and being shoved into something you are not sure you are Interested in with that person!!

Some Guys think with one head, Real men think with Both, Now casey, try using your othere head for once!

whambulance.jpg

And talking about my "other head" isn't exactly contrary to my previous statement. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom