Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Jim, with the info you're giving, I just hope you're having a good time. Don't run too hard, girls prefer to be pursued. If she's shown interest, go for it and see where it goes. :) Have fun!

If you can't find them in dive shops, harware dealers or Chandleries you can usually find just what you need in the "Grainger."

I've already found it once, I didn't know what it was when I found it, but it's on the ocean side of a small oblong reef.

Actually about 6' of pipe sticking out of the bottom at about a 30 deg. angle. Many of us call it the 'Cannon', owing to the flange on the open end.

Guy

LOL, that's great. Thanks for the clarification, Guy. We found it again easily with the instructions given for the geocache. Now if only we can figure out what that "wheel thing" is that I came across, twice. Can you be rented out as a dive/buddy/guide to Breakwater?

LOL, that's great. Thanks for the clarification, Guy. We found it again easily with the instructions given for the geocache. Now if only we can figure out what that "wheel thing" is that I came across, twice. Can you be rented out as a dive/buddy/guide to Breakwater?

No rental required:D The 'cannon' is obviously a pipe (with a couple of short pipe sections extending below it at right-angles) if you see it in good vis, but if it's murky it can look like a reef, especially when seen from the shore side.

I've looked for your wheel on two occasions, including a dive this past sunday, without finding it. If you can find it again, I'd be happy to tag along. OTOH, I did find 4 anchor blocks and 1 pipe block outside the area that I'd previously mapped, so it was a very productive dive. And there is a large (4'-5' diam. IIRR) gear wheel off McAbee Beach, so it's not impossible there's one at BW.

Guy

Guy, it's just a bit frustrating when you know something's out there, but don't know where it is, and even if you saw it you wouldn't know you came across it. I didn't know that anchor was there till they raised it :(. Now I think it's really cool.
That's why having a guide would be great. I've done BW probably 50 times, one of my favorite spots, I feel safe there. I still haven't seen everything yet.

Back
Top Bottom