Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Finally got to see some of our local underwater beauty! :D
Kelp is amazing underwater!
Sea lions, incredible starfish everywhere, & vis!
Amazing new critters!

Thinking it's worth the learning curb to learn how to dive this dry suit thing :wink:!

Thanks Jim & Brewski!!

Until Monday morning when we head to Mexico

tamiflu2.jpg

Let me guess. It was epic. You saw 12 mola's, common dolphins, were buzzed by a juvenile whale, saw tons of jellies, and the sea lions came by to say hi. Oh and 80ft + vis.

:p

figures

Actually, it was 14 mola's. :wink:

Vis was between 20-30 feet (much closer to 20 though, IIRC) on the metridium dive. Nothing as cool as juvenile whales, but Shannon apparently attracts juvenile sea lions like a magnet, so we had a few cool encounters with them at the tail end of the dive.

Sadly, I missed out on the second dive at the wall, which apparently also featured some sea lions (or was it seals?). My recently sprained foot started getting a little sore, after the first dive, and I decided not to push it. It was probably the right choice, but it turned into a damn nice day and I was definitely missing out. At least the carnitas afterwards was excellent. :D

Back
Top Bottom