Jim and Catherine's new boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy and I went out with Jim and Catherine today and let me tell you all. You don't want to go on the boat with them. Nooo, noo. :no Leave that to my friend and I until they work out all the kinks. I think it will be several months. The rest of you just wait till I say its safe.:D

It actually was a great trip. They didn't drop on baby barge, which was one of the dive sites I had hoped we would hit, so my friend could see his first sharks. Well, we dropped down on the Barge and viz was awesome. We check out the turtles in the cave under the barge and then I took him to the shark cave. We got there and it was great. All three were there, a 4+footer one about 3.5 foot and another about 3 foot. We sat there and watched them for about 7 minutes and then headed back to the barge to explore a little before we came up.

The second dive we hit was the Corsair. Catherine and Jim hit this one first and it was another dive site with nobody on it but us. They came up and had great stories so Ed and I couldn't wait to get down there ourselves. When we got in the water the viz was awesome again, 110-120+. There was a huge ball of small silver bait fish swimming around in addition to the normal schools around the plane. There was no current and we tooks lots of pictures. Catherine took some pictures of a somebody that seems to have been left on that dive for awhile. :wink: Hopefully she will post some of those pics and you all can see any of you might know the diver she got pics of.

All in all it was great. They are getting the hang of it quite good.

Thanks again to both of them for a great day out diving.

You're next Miss Mod...we gotta keep you happy.

Jay and Ed....great diving, you two. Now, Rock Jock has been posting a bit here and there about his kayak dives, and anybody who can get on and off those things all nice and organized, was a good candidate for an invite. Thanks for all the help guys....Always great when people are so "on it"! Ed, only has 30 dives or so and I don't think I have ever seen someone so together, so early on.

The baitball was awesome. Nothing like being the only two divers dropping on a site. A few pics to follow. My camera needs the "firmware" reinstalled or something, it is stuck on shutter priority but I am shooting anyway. They all look soft and funny.
Jay some of these shots you took with my camera....

DSC_0119.jpg
You took some sice shots, I will burn you a CD. Thanks for the gas money, ya'll are class acts.

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0060-2.jpg

DSC_0074-2.jpg

DSC_0101-2.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Jay, nice trim brudah!

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

JB, thanks for buying me a boat. It is a dream come true, just like you. love you.

collage1-1.jpg

Sweet photos, as always! Love the baitball, color and b&w.

So, I see you found Amelia Earheart while you were down there.

catherine96821:
JB, thanks for buying me a boat. It is a dream come true, just like you. love you.

now that's just sweet :blush:

love the skeleton pic :D I bet it would look good inverted...

awesome pics...

very nice

thanks...gotta get you here Andy. I like the one of Jay in hover mode from the back. The anchor in the background is a repeating theme....Ed took this shot, Mr 30-something dives from Iowa is a natural in the water, already shooting at over 100 ft. Pretty cool. Okay, one more of Amelia, just to get in the spirit of Halloween:

DSC_0067.jpg

catherine96821:
thanks...gotta get you here Andy. I like the one of Jay in hover mode from the back. The anchor in the background is a repeating theme....Ed took this shot, Mr 30-something dives from Iowa is a natural in the water, already shooting at over 100 ft. Pretty cool. Okay, one more of Amelia, just to get in the spirit of Halloween:

DSC_0067.jpg

Catherine, I told you when you gave me your camera to use it would be like a kid in a candy store. I have my little camera but that was the first time I got to take pics with a real camera. I probably took about 100-150. I just took pics of everything and from all different angles and lighting to see how they would come out.

Ed and I were talking on the way home and we both had an awesome time. You were both great hosts and the whole morning was just great, great, great. Great people, great conditions, great viz, great dives (with only two people on each site) and ended with great food. Definitely needs a repeat performance.

Great shots. I love the baitball shots. Everything about this is great, the boat, the pics, the boat and especially the love.

Chris

I might just have to drop by there on my way back from Asia in December Catherine. Looks like you and JB are having a lot of fun. Good for you two, honey.

I'm really going to miss you in Bali next week. Say hi to JB for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom