Jetsream or Mk25/S600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stu C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first regulator have narrowed it down to two; the ScubaPro Mark 25 / S600 and the Poseidon Jetstream.

I have had rave reviews about the Poseidon Jet stream from a friend who appears a fully paid up member of the Poseidon fan club but have also read that it can be difficult to find someone to service them in the UK.

I currently only dive in warm tropical waters - but may at some point look to do some U.K. dives, but I think both of these would be okay in cold water anyhow.

Does anybody have any views they would share with me on my two options?

Cheers

Stu

Diving in warm tropical waters..... either will do just fine. I am a firm believer in the MK25/S600 system. It is a reg you can use for nearly any dive application. Service is an important consideration, I am not sure about Poseidon, but SP can be serviced nearly anywhere in the world.

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first regulator have narrowed it down to two; the ScubaPro Mark 25 / S600 and the Poseidon Jetstream.

I have had rave reviews about the Poseidon Jet stream from a friend who appears a fully paid up member of the Poseidon fan club but have also read that it can be difficult to find someone to service them in the UK.

I currently only dive in warm tropical waters - but may at some point look to do some U.K. dives, but I think both of these would be okay in cold water anyhow.

Does anybody have any views they would share with me on my two options?

Cheers

Stu

S600 is not OK for cold water (<4c)...

<4c for me is way beyound cold, closer to ice diving conditions. Brrrrrrrrr..... I love the warmer stuff.

One of the reasons I went with Scuba Pro MK25/S600 regs is because the parts are available most anywhere in the world.

I own both brands, both will perform beyond your years in warm or cold water. Finding service your either shouldn't be that difficult, however finding a shop to do a TRUE FACTORY type annual service may be a bit harder.

Poseidons are a more finicky type of reg so if you're questioning "where to get serviced?" the I would go with the one that is easier from that perspective.

My vote MK25 S600!

Especially if you mainly look at doing warm water diving. If you need Tec help when you are there, good luck with the Poseidon.

Poseidon, divers either love them or hate them....there seams to be no middle ground.

S600 not good in cold water? Depends how you define cold water. I've dove in 45°(7.2c) & had no problems.
The poseidon is a nice, old school reg, good luck on getting service....

Thanks all, I'm going with the Mk25 / S600, seems to have huge amount of positive reviews.

Don't fancy 4C waters so this will do me fine. If I dive in the UK it will only be in the warmer months (when hopefully it would be a bit warmer than that!) and its not on my short-term horizon anyhow. Would almost certainly join up with a local club to do this so would check equipment is suitable at that time.

Back
Top Bottom