APEKS XL 4 or Scubapro MK25/S600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nat_siriu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm researching to buy my first regulator (full set as I current have no equipment!). My dives are mostly, if not all, in the warm water / tropic. They are all recreational dives.

I am thinking of getting APEKS XL4 mainly because of its weight. Also its flexi host might be easier to pack as I will mainly need to travel in the plane for diving trips. At the same time, I have a great deal for Scuba Pro MK25/S600 which I believe is a better reg than XL4?

Also I notice that XL4 are out of stock in most places which is led to believe that APEKS might discontinue producing them. That makes me feel skeptical of buying it. Is there something wrong with it or will it be difficult for maintenance?

The price difference for the full set is only $100. Should I get the better quality reg like MK25/S600?

If he wants lighter weight what about the Mk17 and G260?

If he wants lighter weight what about the Mk17 and G260?
Not sure if that is available anymore (or at least it seems that the MK17 is being phased out of SP's line). I have MK17/s600 and MK19/G260 and I can't tell or notice any weight differences. I am sure that there is but they are not noticeable at all.

Thank you both! :)

What about the different in weight between the rubber host and flexi host? APEKS has flexi host which appears to be better for traveling.

For my travel reg I use the Mk17 with miflex hose with the 620ti
I do have and have traveled with my Mk19/G260 as well...In my avatar pic My G260 breathes easier than my 600 or 620ti. Wife travels with an Atomic ST1...If I were to only have one SP reg second stage it would be the 260 for me.

My wife and many of the instructors at our shop dive the Apeks XL4. I have demoed it. The Miflex hose and its reduced weight make it very comfortable and it breathes nicely. And who are we kidding? The white looks sexy as hell! LOL! :) BTW - You can replace your hoses with Miflex on any setup of course!

Back
Top Bottom