JEEP Dive Meter Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am jeep geek.

Have you seen the latest Jeep commercial where they're watching the sharks through the sunroof then dad drives up out of the surf at the end?

Gives me "warm and fuzzies" about how much Jeep understands the physics of diving. :D

I've owned maybe 6 jeeps, CJ's thank you very much.

I still own most of the dive watches that I have bought.

But this....

MEGA GENTS SCUBA DIVING JEEP DIVERS WATCH DIVE COMPUTER (Holy smokey! It's a dive computer!)

THIS IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE MOST STUNNING AND DESIRABLE WATCH THAT WE HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO LIST (Okay, so they're new at this) AND WITH SOME VERY SERIOUS (Versus rollicking good fun features) FEATURES (SEE BELOW) FOR THE DIVING ENTHUSIAST.

GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC (Verus that cheesy phony Jeep. Seen a "Liberty", have you?)
THIS AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH WATCH IS THE SHOWPIECE OF THE RUGGED JEEP RANGE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH CHEAPER "DIVERS" WATCHES (At $75 that isn't real likely)

SWATCH is also making several "SCUBA" line watches. Equally useless.

A real man would want this from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSSIAN-MILITAR...577293400QQcategoryZ14054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You should probably read that again ... Its not $75 USD it is 75GBPs , It's more like $130 USD
I know, I just got one and it will make a great backup , and it will average depth too, something that my VEO 200 won't do (it is in metric though) Read the spec's first and Then you tell me whats wrong with it (and check out this guy's prices ... better than the $180 that the other guy is selling them for, I got this one for $124) ...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7193025521&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

DB

By the look of the watch and the specs it's a rebadged Citizen Aqualand Duplex.
That wouldn't be unusual as the watch is likewise sold by a Spanish company called Festiva and a German company whose name I forgot.

Either way, the Duplex is an excellent dive watch. It show dive time and depth in the two digital displays, plus temp when pushing a button. It has a fast ascent alarm, and alarm for max depth and time which can be set as needed (Nitrox MOD & turnaround time). It makes a complete backup gauge for a dive computer.

On the surface there is a dive log for the last four dives with max and average depths, dive time, beginning and end time. It also has a stopwatch and alarm.

I used the ss version for several years before switching to the titanium version.

Downsides are that batteries are best changed by Citizen and the digital displays aren't backlit. The latter matters less during diving when I use lights as it does at night. The frmer is a bit of a pita but includes proper sealing pressure testing which makes it worth it.

Tamas:
....because Jeep and diving go hand in hand?! :06:

As a matter of fact, YES!:D
I have a 1977 CJ7 that has a plate that says "GO DEEP". Now I'm trying to come up with a good plate for this Cherokee that recently bought. It is lifted with 31" rubber. The Safari rack on top has worked great for stashing dive bags, while storing our tanks inside. Anyone have any ideas on a good plate for it? I looked at the Jeep dive watch, but decided I didn't need another one.
C-Dawg

I am also a JEEP Geek...and not really suprised that there are more than a few of us! I don't bother to keep the back seat in my 1999 Sahara b/c I usually keep my gear there!!!

I like the looks of the watch and may have to check it out as a possible back-up...and well it would look keen hang'n out the window of my JEEP!!! That is if I keep the doors on!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom