JB last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Access is a big issue,and accidental deaths have an impact on that. When the 2 OW divers died a few years ago at Royal did you realize that Little River was dangling by a thread. If there was litigation that went against the county we would have lost Royal and LR. If we don't police things,for example places like Jackson Blue,Little River,and Telford where the rules are easy to break,then we may lose a popular site.

I agree, I know access is an issue, I'm just saying if it wasn't an issue. This kind of thing just sucks.

ianr33:
They would be safer in a single tank.With doubles they might have been tempted to penetrate too far........................

Yes, add smilies.

They were 400' back in singles! That puts them 90' depth and past a jump! Did they make it out?!?

Unless someone who has posted in this was actually there and pulled them out it's all a load of bullhonky until we get verification.

Of all the "facts" that you've posted, the distance they were in, their certification, etc., etc.

No offense to you, but I don't trust "friend of a friend" posts, the more factual we can get the better, all the way around.

are exactly as they have already been presented.

Apparently, in your rush to label me a liar, you missed the pertinent fact disclosed in Post 1 that the single-tank divers (complete with snorkels and consoles) were observed at approimxately the 400' marker. That number can be safely construed as their minimum penetration distance. Their depth at this point was approximately 90'.

After being confronted and insulted topside by the clueless ones, none of the three full cave-certified divers had the presence of mind to ask for the OW (but perhaps it was AOW or even Resuce) card numbers. It's unfortunate that the team was lax in their duty to properly document these details for posting the account on SB.

I hope this helps satisfy your inquiring mind. If not, PM me your daytime phone number and I can arrange for all FC parties to personally provide their eye-witness versions to you.

Hopefully, your trust can be regained at the earliest possible moment.

Easy killer, I'm not calling you a liar. I just don't want things to get out of control, I don't want to hear someone posting about how we should put up an uw fence or something at JB because I like being able to scooter out to Twin for a little different dive, I also don't want to hear people talking **** about the place where they rented the boat because it's certainly not his fault. You and/or your friends did the right thing I am sure, and we all appreciate it.

full of yourself, the only thing out of control is your contentious tone.

You're the only one making speculative comments on this thread. Bringing up the concept of an UW fence is a brilliant move on your part...keep those denial-of-access ideas flowing.

I purposely avoided any specific comment concerning liability of the rental operation which I like and patronize.

You are certainly anxious to refute that this event happened, why is that? Instead of attacking someone that simply reported a factual account, why don't you show a little disdain for the utter lack of common sense and ignorance of cave diving protocols that this thread was supposed to point out.

I was one of the full cave divers at JB last weekend.

I can verify that the details related in thread are acurate. There where in fact two OW divers at the bottom of the chimney ~400 feet in at JB, at about 90 feet of depth.

We tried to get them to go out in front of us so we could pull our reel, but they would not. In fact all they dead was cuss at us (from the boat) and the one guy kept screaming something about being called Tater Salad ???

-Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom