JB last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone on the board happen to be (or know) the two OW divers spotted penetrating past the 400' marker in Jackson Blue last Sunday?

The following public service message is for these individuals:

"Please refrain from diving in caves without the proper equipment and requisite training. We aren't particularly concerned if you kill yourselves, but if you do, we don't want your witless behavior to result in having cave sites closed to those who are capable of diving them safely. Thank you."

Amazing. Do you happen to know how they got in? Snuck under the fence or did they have a cave certified buddy get them a key?

You know lawyers really slow evolution. Stupid people die, lawyers sue, caves close preventing other stupid people from dying before they have kids.

They could have taken a boat to it. Last time I was there I saw 3 divers come up in a boat. I think they were cave certified, but one of them was taking his new dry suit into the water for the first time. From the sound of the conversation, it was either his first dive in a dry suit or his first dive in that type of dry suit. His buddies were a little concerned that he was going into the cave without some OW dives in it first.

Jackson Blue is one of those places where rules are frequently abused,if you see something,you can't stop Darwinian intentions,but the Sheriff's office would probably like to know. JB has a political past that was a struggle to get open and keep open. All it takes is stupidity with accidents to cause the place to be closed.

Dive-aholic:
They could have taken a boat to it.

a rented pontoon boat...won't take a detective to know where it came from.

Single 80s, dangling crap, and sucky attitude when the real cave divers pulled in their own reel leaving Team Dufus without a continuous line to open water...

Makes perfect sense. Violate every known rule and then get surly over someone else properly executing their dive plan.

Single 80s? Really?

ianr33:
They would be safer in a single tank.With doubles they might have been tempted to penetrate too far........................

some smiley icons in that statement...

ianr33:
They would be safer in a single tank.With doubles they might have been tempted to penetrate too far........................

Please, not again!!

this is the kind of stuff that gives cave diving such a bad wrap, wrong people up in a hole kick it without training or proper gear by the time the news hits the general public

"Cave diver dies in blah blah"

I see this in the climbing arena as well, media gets a hold of a death from some nimbrod and "climber died" makes the activities take on a bungie jumping death tempting view to the general public.

people amaze me every day, I have training and you wouldn't see me going in an overhead with a single 80...

What gets me is access issue, if people want to kill themselves I say go right ahead and let them... so long as access doesn't become an issue.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom