January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This becomes the bain of my existence - how is the water going to be? I need a tutor when it comes to reading NDBC - NWS Forecast. I am assuming that I should be reading here:

PZZ535-142345-
/O.ROU.KMTR.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
MONTEREY BAY-
905 AM PST MON JAN 14 2008

TODAY
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
W SWELL 3 TO 7 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING E AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 5 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

TUE
N WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING NW IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 1 TO 4 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

TUE NIGHT
N TO NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL
2 TO 5 FT.

WED
NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 8 FT.

THU
E WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
NW SWELL 3 TO 6 FT.

FRI
NE WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
NW SWELL 1 TO 4 FT.

Am I wrong? That doesn't look bad. Or am I wrong!?! :confused:

This becomes the bain of my existence - how is the water going to be? I need a tutor when it comes to reading NDBC - NWS Forecast. I am assuming that I should be reading here:

PZZ535-142345-
/O.ROU.KMTR.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
MONTEREY BAY-
905 AM PST MON JAN 14 2008

TODAY
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
W SWELL 3 TO 7 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING E AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 5 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

TUE
N WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING NW IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 1 TO 4 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

TUE NIGHT
N TO NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL
2 TO 5 FT.

WED
NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 8 FT.

THU
E WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
NW SWELL 3 TO 6 FT.

FRI
NE WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS.
NW SWELL 1 TO 4 FT.

Am I wrong? That doesn't look bad. Or am I wrong!?! :confused:

I'm definitely not an expert but I think 560 is the one to go by and it looks pretty good, so far..

FRI
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.

I'm definitely not an expert but I think 560 is the one to go by and it looks pretty good, so far..

FRI
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.

That's not that shabby.... so far. I know, CT will advise that it can change from one moment to the next. I would just love to get in the water.

Hi everyone, what's the latest scoop for Jan 19th evening. I still have reservations to use the back room of Buzzards for our after dive get together.

If Buzzards still sounds good, what time should we meet there?

Also, I think it's too early to say what the conditions will be like this weekend, but I'm sure they will be good. ;-)

Last Sunday I dove Pt Lobos, the day that Maverick's Surfing contest was on. Pt Lobos we not undivable, viz kind of sucked but still divable.

Hi everyone, what's the latest scoop for Jan 19th evening. I still have reservations to use the back room of Buzzards for our after dive get together.

If Buzzards still sounds good, what time should we meet there?

Also, I think it's too early to say what the conditions will be like this weekend, but I'm sure they will be good. ;-)

Last Sunday I dove Pt Lobos, the day that Maverick's Surfing contest was on. Pt Lobos we not undivable, viz kind of sucked but still divable.

Still sounds good to me! I love sharing stories and pics after our dives. :D
I think it worked well last time to meet around 5:00.

Hi there. Glad to hear from you Doc!

The Grand Plan
Here is what I had posted previously (abeit a while back):
Well, we will have to bear that in mind. I think, however, I might take this thread back to a more serious note..... Back to the 1/19 Diving Extravaganza Planning.

Here's what looks like the day's events -
Dive #1 - Metridium Field - 10 AM
Dive #2 - Out along the Wall
4-430 PM - Meet up with Doc Wong and group @ Buzzard's for early dinner
Dive #3 - Night dive @ BW again? (for anyone interested; conditions permitting)
Drinks somewhere

I believe that it was suggested that we meet at 9 AM at the Breakwater on the grass at the top of the stairs. We will enter the water for our first dive will begin "promptly" at 10 AM to the Metridium Field. Second dive after the surface interval, I am assuming around 12:30 or 1 pm. Just kind of depends upon how warm it is out on the grass as people will tend to take a longer SI if the weather is nice.

I would assume that we would be done at the BW by about 3 or 3:30 pm and then head to Buzzards, arriving around 4 or 430. Do you think that is a reasonable estimate of time?

Afterwards - head out to the BW again for a night dive - conditions permitting. I know that Peter_C has mentioned that some of the NCD's might join us. Some of the people are staying at the Lone Oak, and so there might be some heading out for drinks since Michelle can't have the toga party in her room. :)

So --- who's in!?

I'm no expert, but I think all those days look diveable....Wednesday is the only day that looks borderline. I think I might try night diving all week. :) Today could be interesting too since it is a NW swell. And like doc said, it's hard to judge what conditions will be this weekend, but I'm hoping for good as well. I'll go look and tell you what it looks like. :) I've got nothing better to do until they move me. :) I plan on making my 100th dive before I leave, weather and god willing.

Hi there. Glad to hear from you Doc!

The Grand Plan
Here is what I had posted previously (abeit a while back):
Well, we will have to bear that in mind. I think, however, I might take this thread back to a more serious note..... Back to the 1/19 Diving Extravaganza Planning.

Here's what looks like the day's events -
Dive #1 - Metridium Field - 10 AM
Dive #2 - Out along the Wall
4-430 PM - Meet up with Doc Wong and group @ Buzzard's for early dinner
Dive #3 - Night dive @ BW again? (for anyone interested; conditions permitting)
Drinks somewhere

I believe that it was suggested that we meet at 9 AM at the Breakwater on the grass at the top of the stairs. We will enter the water for our first dive will begin "promptly" at 10 AM to the Metridium Field. Second dive after the surface interval, I am assuming around 12:30 or 1 pm. Just kind of depends upon how warm it is out on the grass as people will tend to take a longer SI if the weather is nice.

I would assume that we would be done at the BW by about 3 or 3:30 pm and then head to Buzzards, arriving around 4 or 430. Do you think that is a reasonable estimate of time?

Afterwards - head out to the BW again for a night dive - conditions permitting. I know that Peter_C has mentioned that some of the NCD's might join us. Some of the people are staying at the Lone Oak, and so there might be some heading out for drinks since Michelle can't have the toga party in her room. :)

So --- who's in!?

Now,

That's what I call planning... You really give the breakdown on everything, very nice...

MG

P.S
Will you guys cater to grasshoppers? If yes, then I want in...

Grasshoppers? I don't understand. :confused:

As for my schedule - I run a tight ship - be warned. HAHA! Just kidding. I am just trying to give a timeframe since I know people will be coming from the BW and from Lobos to meet up at Buzzards. :D

Back
Top Bottom