January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that Monastery is a good idea especially in light of the number of experienced divers we have coming along (hopefully) . I would still like the input of others. As well, would the more advanced divers be amenable to helping the less experienced ones with the entry/exit procedures???

Sarita.

In all honesty I have to admit the Only experience I have with Monestary is with scubajunkee and without Erickson leading I cant say I know how to judge the entry/exit.

I am also not sure that would be a good idea with so MANY newer divers, I think Dan knows Monestary!

Sarita.

In all honesty I have to admit the Only experience I have with Monestary is with scubajunkee and without Erickson leading I cant say I know how to judge the entry/exit.

I am also not sure that would be a good idea with so MANY newer divers, I think Dan knows Monestary!

I know Monastery! The last dive I did there was a night dive. Solo. :eyebrow:

This should be good. I'll bring my video camera. :wink:

Actually, if the surf is mild, it's a beautiful dive. If it comes to Monastery, I'll do my best to show people how to read the surf and enter/exit.

If it comes to Monastery, I'll do my best to show people how to read the surf and enter/exit.

I want to learn your backwards exit to help save my gear from the crawl. :wink:

Just tell me where I'll try to be there. Jim, if you want to take your new GF to Lobos I'll hang with the rest of the folks that couldn't get in and we can tell diving stories at Buzzards.

Sarita.

I agree with Jim.

Personally I will not do Monastery without someone who's never been without having a 1:1 ratio of experience:inexperienced

Yes on a calm day it's not a big deal but there is the unexpected and people have walked in only to discover after a long dive that the exit is now a difficult one.

Sorry if I seem paranoid but I believe in "Stacking the deck" as my friend Ted says....

Not to scare people but if you haven't read the stories of accidents at Monastery you should.... Here's one that started out just like this...

10/04 Monastery Incident

July 4th 2003 Incident

Folks.... I think I will stick to my guns (opinion) on this one and would rather not participate at Monastary.

I feel there are way to many risk's involved with so many new divers and new to Monestary including myself!!

Totally understood. So, what should we do? I'm game for anything.

Jim, did you have any luck getting the other reservation at Lobos?

sorry I've been a bit out of communication, I've been travelling. Now that I am home and have seen the communiques, here are my thoughts.

1. This is and always has been simply an attempt to get divers together - meet each other, find new dive buddies, exchange stories, etc. I don't like being 'in charge' or having to make decisions since , I feel, it is up to the group. So I am not comfortable saying outright it should be moved.

2. I think that Jim and Ben are very wise and applaud them for bringing to light what we hadn't really considered re: accidents and deaths @ Monastery. Thank you both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom