Jan 2010 Winter Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the last picture of Breakwater.....Hey at least my students won't have to walk very far to get into the water:D

RDJ_0176.JPG

If you hit "M Quote" on several posts you can edit and quote multiple posts ;-).

Like this? :wink:

I don't understand, Ron went out of his way to bring the ocean closer to the steps for the students, and in return no one shows up?! What gives???!!

Guess its safe to tell Jim he can get out of the ocean now, and let it return to normal levels :p

Ok, Monterey questions:
Long story short, went for first dive in Monterey Last weekend. Loved it! (Was totally shocked at the amount of critters to see.) Being a warm water diver trapped in CA for a bit, this was great news, somewhere to dive that was fun and not just diving to play with equipment.

The Mrs and I were thinking of going down again next weekend (not this weekend), but then we started checking the weather, and the beach conditions, and ran into this site?

Index

That explains that pretty much due to faulty Sewage treatment in and around Monterey bay you should not dive within 3 days of any rain incident.

Hmmmmm... So do you guys follow the advice? Is the vis bad after a "Rain Event" anyway, so it does not make any difference.

Any guesses to next weekends weather? :) :) :wink:

Thanks,
Guy

Ok, Monterey questions:
Long story short, went for first dive in Monterey Last weekend. Loved it! (Was totally shocked at the amount of critters to see.) Being a warm water diver trapped in CA for a bit, this was great news, somewhere to dive that was fun and not just diving to play with equipment.

The Mrs and I were thinking of going down again next weekend (not this weekend), but then we started checking the weather, and the beach conditions, and ran into this site?

Index

That explains that pretty much due to faulty Sewage treatment in and around Monterey bay you should not dive within 3 days of any rain incident.

Hmmmmm... So do you guys follow the advice? Is the vis bad after a "Rain Event" anyway, so it does not make any difference.

Any guesses to next weekends weather? :) :) :wink:

Thanks,
Guy

There's usually so much suspended particulates owing to the sewer outflow (whether caused by rainwater runoff churning up the sand or 'other' discharge, I don't know) that the vis sucks for a couple of days at least. I tend to avoid it regardless. Watching the opaque torrent pouring out of the street sewer discharge pipe into the Bay at the end of my dive at Lover's Pt. last Sunday, I figured the vis. was likely to be crappy (literally or figuratively) by Monday.

As to guesses about next weekend's weather, I leave that up to the professional weather guessers at NWS; might as well let them earn their pay:D

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom