Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all the wishes & prayers - they seem to be working!

his surgery took 2hrs 20min. dr weiner (his real name - we will be using that euphemism for penis in his honor :D ) had said it would take 2 to 5 hours, depending on jameson's adhesions - shorter if they were more wispy & spider-webby, longer if they were more like concrete. so my friend deanne & i did the 'fluffy gossamer adhesion' dance, and it worked. yay!

so that was about 7:30. they tried putting in a caudal for some pain control but weren't sure it ended up being a good one. i think it's doing ok. still, that took a while. i got to see him in recovery about 9. he was peeking at me, but didn't seem to know what was going on. he had an iv in his foot, an a-line (monitors blood pressure) in the other foot, and a capped off iv in his neck. that's just because he's not an easy stick after 7 1/2 months in the hospital. he had a foley catheter and an ng tube draining his tummy juices. i haven't peeked under his dressing, but i bet it looks great. it's kinda weird not to have the outline of his g-tube and ostomy bag showing through his clothes.

last night he rested pretty good. he got a little pain med about 1 - he shifted & hurt himself & started crying, which hurt worse, so he geared up the crying, etc etc. but still, for having a pretty big surgery, he has done great.

so far today he's had the foley removed, gotten a tylenol, had a wipe-down bath, put on a diaper & some real clothes, been held & snuggled, had his crib changed, clapped, kicked, smiled, laughed, made his boy noises, oh - and yesterday he cut tooth #4.

he's doing great! the next bit is being patient for him to pass gas or stool. now, i ask you - do a bowel prep, don't let someone eat, use an ng to suck out their tum-tums, and what are they supposed to poop? :) so, the patience part.

i'll keep letting y'all know.

Thanks for the update. Jameson is in our prayers.

I can't believe I've missed all this until today! AAAACK! Bad bunny, I would have had a cheer ready. Glad to see the 'fluffy gossamer adhesion' dance worked! He'll be pooping in no time, vibes turned up here!
Ber :lilbunny:

Woo hoo! Glad to hear things went well BabyDuck.

Continued prayers for continued improvement!

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! ! ! ! !

:dancingsnoopy:

oh yeah baby

he pooped! yay! :bounce::59::cheerleader:

but no feeding him yet. i dunno if i misunderstood or dr weiner misspoke, but he's waiting for gas to feed him. poop is a great sign, though. so pray for 'bum gas', as my niece-in-law used to call it!

they took his bandage off this morning. his scar is much smaller, but the old scar still shows some. i thought it was going to be all cut out, but i guess that was too much to take off. anyway, it looks great, dry & clean. and chicks dig scars!

he's cheerful, hasn't needed anything for pain since last night, has sat up some today - he was too sore to do that yesterday.

doing just great! we're so pleased.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom