Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jason, you're a gifted gifted guy...

he's off his iv fluids! because he's getting enough milk & digesting it like a little champ & pooping like he should! his sedation is given a teense at a time every 3 hours, likely to go to 4 today. he's still on antibiotics, but having no problems from the infection. he's spending some time on nasal cannula - i'll send jason a pic to post in a minute.

he's totally, heart-wrenchingly cute! he can be a bit fussy & whiny, then settles down all snuggly for a nap in my lap. he likes being sung to. rem's 'nightswimming' is a fave. (great song.) i need to make his itunes list for his ipod...yep, he's a technogeek. :D

H2Andy:
how come Jameson gets Kool Aid and we don't?

They will be happy to give you Kool Aid if you want it, in fact you can have mine I refuse to drink it. Might be spiked. :D

Whats wrong with spiked KoolAid??

Thanks for the updates Marci...

Another update.

jameson1%7E0.jpg

Soooo cute! I just can't get over those chubby cheeks!

I'm soooo glad to hear he's off IVF, and CPAP! That's great! C'moooonnn... Jameson! Keep on gettin' stronger!

erparamedic:
I just can't get over those chubby cheeks!

I was thinkin the same thing! :D good news Marci! He'll be home soon I'm sure :wink:

If you look at that tube going in his mouth it is kind of pinkish. I can't believe Jason would sneak into the hospital and give him the kool-aid through a tube :11:

:wink: :D

Missdirected:
If you look at that tube going in his mouth it is kind of pinkish. I can't believe Jason would sneak into the hospital and give him the kool-aid through a tube :11:

:wink: :D

LOL! Good one MissD. :D

Marci, he is a doll. I'm glad he is doing well. It looks like he is a blonde, am I right? What is it with us redheads having blonde babies??? :D He is still a cutie and I can't wait until he gets to come home. Hope it is soon.

The difference between his picture now and the one in your avatar is amazing, BabyDuck. He's come so far! Those cheeks are impressive!

baby's doing quite well! he's on 19ml/hr of 25cal/oz enhanced breastmilk & peeing & pooping like he should be. his fentanyl is continuing to be weaned & he's doing good with that, too. he's been cranky the last few days, but was calm & alert yesterday. he weighs 7 1/4lbs. still king of the paccy but can't keep it in his mouth...gotta teach him to suck his thumb!

his issues are changing as he gets older. he's back on cpap for a few days, since he was starting to work harder on nasal cannula. his liver enzymes & bilirubin are climbing. he's not growing like he should. the liver problem could still be from damage from the tpn, the iv nutrition. it helps you grow but causes damage. but in case it's something else, they are checking lots of stuff - hepatitis, hiv, everything they can think of. i think the slow growth is from having the infection last week & closing that big tummy incision before that, so maybe that will turn around soon.

so please continue good thoughts, vibes, prayers for his growth & his liver & his lungs. and thank you so very very much for all good thoughts so far! i'm so grateful for you all - and of course for baby jameson. thank you, god, for my baby.

Back
Top Bottom