Jacksonville, NC diving suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

revjlw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was s'posed to drive a UHaul back to WI with my soon-to-be discharged Marine son, but his DC date was moved from Aug 2 to Aug 10 - this morning. So, now I have spare time on my hands. PADI certified Advanced Open Water diver - suggestions of dive shops, must see things happening this time of year, gotta go wrecks to dive... open to ideas and grateful for advice. Thanks!

You are just down the road from Morehead City. There are seveal shops near by. I know Capt James of Tortuga has some opening on Friday...or at least he did recently. tortuga dive charters If he is full, check with either Discovery or Olympus for opening. If this is your first NC dive, consider some of the more inshore, easier dives. Our dives tend to be a long way off shore, deep and often times rough, it's not Fla or the Caribean. I would also highly recommend seasick meds. It's not uncommon for half or more of the boat to be a lovely shade of green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom