Jacket BCD with dual tank straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of posts trying to convince you to get a bp/w type bcd, and that is fine if that is what you are looking for. But if you want a two cam strap jacket bcd as you stated in your post, then I would +2 for the Sherwood Avid. Great bc in the jacket style-very comfortable and durable.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Avid once again here is a post about my decision once upon a time.

After about 400 dives I did go BP&W mainly to get enough room when diving dry. Diving from trunks to full drysuit is a lot of range for one BC and an adjustable harness on a plate got me there. Were it not for that consideration I'd still be using it.

Pete

But can you comment on the weight difference? Because I am already on the 20kg airline baggage limits for dive trips
Sherwood Avid in XS weighs 8.25lbs...

I'm
I have a Sherwood avid that has integrated weights and 2 straps, stable in any position, great pockets and not front bulky. With a belt plate you can side mount with it... 38lbs. lift. Very pleased with it. I also use the transpac and it weighs less with wing than the avid. The great thing about the transpac is you can pick your wing style and sling doubles and or side mount..
*I'm glad to have found this as I'm looking for a two tank strap bcd also.
My Sherwood Avid straps busted (both plastic composite brackets) at the same time leaving my neck strap as the only means of holding my tank. My dive buddy held it and we made it out of the water. Could have been tragic . I contacted Sherwood and sent pictures after having a reputable dive shop confirm issue. They danced around it and did nothing productive about it. Be advised... There have now been many of these same incidents and they are being documented. There's going to be an article featuring this in a dive magazine this month. Sept. 2018. Be advised. Be cautious with your Avid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom