It's time....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check the bottom row of the webpage. You will see a function there that says calendar. That has a roll call feature as well, so we can better plan attendance.

netmage:
So is it official we're moving the dates to 9/25 & 26.....?

Damn. that moves it away from my b'day weekend.. Guess I won't be getting breakfast served in my sleeping bag.

Can't make the 25th/26th. I've got the kids that weekend and no way will they want to travel that far to see dad's bubbles. Someone will have to mail my tee-shirt and hat to me.

Bob :17:

makinbubbles:
Damn. that moves it away from my b'day weekend.. Guess I won't be getting breakfast served in my sleeping bag.

Can't make the 25th/26th. I've got the kids that weekend and no way will they want to travel that far to see dad's bubbles. Someone will have to mail my tee-shirt and hat to me.

Bob :17:
Bob,

I think the appeal of moving this meet and greet to Portage is that it offers a more family friendly atmosphere. I thought that there was a swim area for the non-divers (imagine that non-divers) and I thought that a few people would be bringing their kids as well. I hope mine will be there diving with me but we are just getting the hockey season under way, so I have no idea what September will bring.

Mitten Diver

There is definitely more in the way of recreation for non-divers at Portage than at Gilboa, so bringing the family along is definitely a good idea!

BigMike:
There is definitely more in the way of recreation for non-divers at Portage than at Gilboa, so bringing the family along is definitely a good idea!
I was following this thread for quite a while and yeah it's great to find a family place. My family is two teenage kids that have no desire to ride in dad's small cab pickup for 5 or 6 hours. And to think they used to sit in the car an hour before it was time to go anywhere. Oh well...

Have a great time everyone, I look forward to the pictures and stories. Maybe the schedules will mesh better next time.

Bob

joedelt:
so how many people are going on this trip now, and any from the lansing area?
Joe,

Check the thread posted in the GLWC forum for info on attendance. Brian also has this posted to the scubaboard calender at the bottom of the page. I will be leaving from Jackson early Friday morning and staying thru Saturday afternoon, when I will return home for a golf outing for my son's hockey team and then either returning Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Hopefully Divemastertim will be riding down with me on one of those days.

Mitten Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom