it's official

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlowWorm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm officially in love with scuba diving! I just did my check out dives, and even though it was in a lake where viz sucked and there were a ton of other divers, it was so fun. Just the fact I was under water breathing...not in a pool, and swimming with fish! The water felt great and I did a great job at diving. Needless to say I'm definitely hooked and I can't wait until I can get back in! Especially in an ocean. There is nothing like the world under the sea.

Welcome GlowWorm! I'm sure that most people on SB can agree that this is just the tip of the iceberg. From shipwrecks to sea turtles, there is so much to see. The best advice I can give you is keep diving. Even if it is in small lake with low visibility. The more experience you get, the more fun you can have. If you are looking for some dive buddies, consider hooking up with a local dive club. Your dive shop usually has their finger on the pulse of the local dive scene, so that would be a good place to start.

Congrats! Just like you I was hooked from the start. There is nothing so peaceful as dropping into that blue silent world. For me its zen. I like it so much, when I'm not diving, I'm here reading about diving lol. I just wish I lived a little closer to the ocean, and had more friends with certifications that actually go diving...

Haha, if you think you love it now, just wait until you get some place with great vis and ton's of life! It easily turns into an obsession. Congrats on completing the course.

Congratulations. Since you are still in school, consider a course of study that will allow you to combine your love for scuba with your career path. If you love what you do, it's not really work

Congrst's GlowWorm. When we are not in the water, we are dreaming of it and reading about it here. Keep diving!!!

Congrats!!:cool3: Welcome to the world of SCUBA!

I second the " you need a dive trip now" get down south and do some reefs. Craziness

Congrats on your new very expensive adiction

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom