It's NHL Playoff Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Just call it Hockey Afternoon In Canada... :D
Well, I guess it was well worth it to give up one afternoon. Yes, it was well worth it.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.

Have a great summer, Lindy Ruff! :eyebrow:

Quack quack :wink:

capt.sge.fdr43.200507233553.photo00.photo.default-385x512.jpg

I just heard on the sports that some of the NBC affiliates broke away from the Senators/Sabres game as it went into overtime so that they could cover the PRE race show for the Preakness.

Yep, the NHL should chase the TV dollars down south.

Thankfully the CBC is still good for something.

tedtim:
I just heard on the sports that some of the NBC affiliates broke away from the Senators/Sabres game as it went into overtime so that they could cover the PRE race show for the Preakness.

Yep, the NHL should chase the TV dollars down south.

Thankfully the CBC is still good for something.

If the Stanley Cup Finals wind up being Anaheim and Ottawa, I guarantee you there will be some NBC executives on 24-hour suicide watch. The Preakness earned a 5.0 viewership rating; the Buffalo-Ottawa game was pulling 1.0. :shakehead

santafejoe:
:D QUACK QUACK QUACK Next game could be Detroit s Last. Quack Quack:D :popcorn:

Tough loss for the Wheels but to paraphrase you ..... the fat duck hasn't quacked yet. :wink:

Did Quack nation buy Lilja a present yet? He might as well have shot the puck past Dom. Anyways ya they did cut the Sens/Sabres game. I had to switch to VS which meant I lost my HD coverage. Cant really blame them. Nobody outside the two cities playing (although Ottawa watches on CBC) so the only real big vieweing area is Buffalo. If I was an NBC exec I would probably cut over to a guranteed money make as well. Can see what the media thinks of hockey since the SC finals arent on national tv until game 3

ScubaTexan:
If the Stanley Cup Finals wind up being Anaheim and Ottawa, I guarantee you there will be some NBC executives on 24-hour suicide watch. The Preakness earned a 5.0 viewership rating; the Buffalo-Ottawa game was pulling 1.0. :shakehead
My rant was not really about NBC, but more about the stupidity of the NHL head office folks that believe an afternoon game will get them anything with the US networks.

I hope that Bettman at least politely asked NBC a few questions about this. To quote Lindy Ruff "That was a joke.":D

Back
Top Bottom