it was TIME to happen.. I waited long enough..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maggs_the

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
finally had a dive trip go bust

Went down to Orange Beach, Alabama for a week and the scuba gods just were not going to cooperate.

It was a little bumpy in the intercoastal waterway but when we hit the Gulf, holy waves Batman! I was sore from the boat ride out to 3 mile barge!!

Got there and tried to gear up... waves throwing us from side to side.. finally into the water with the big jellies.. holding tight to the trail line to keep from getting swept away.. last diver in the water and ABORT ABORT!! had a diver with a panic situation.

hey, these things happen... i wasn't starting off with the best feelings either. This dive is called but hey, there's always tomorrow, right? Except for the damaged ladder that prevents us from climbing into the boat... hmm..

you know how they say lots of little things add up to a big thing?? something or someone did not want us diving... i say that 10 foot bull shark was hanging around 3 mile barge again, and my guardians were keeping us safe :D still, we went to dive and the weather would not cooperate all week for us.

but it was time... i've been diving since 2003 and have had fantastic diving vacations!! it was about time i was denied :)

so, a whole week's vacation with no scuba diving... but... i had a whole week with oilman66 by my side so you still won't hear me complain :blinking:

i know i know... but HE likes it when i'm corny :10:

Sorry for the bad luck...Andy and I would have loved to dive with you guys again!!!

Ah, that sucks, I wish you guys had called me, the beach conditions last week weren't horrible.

Ah, that sucks, I wish you guys had called me, the beach conditions last week weren't horrible.

I didn't have your number with me!!! and no internet access all week :( but I thought Wayne told you guys we'd be down there all week so that if you had a chance, you might call us and hook up with us for a boat or a beach dive...

oh well... next time .. cause we havent given up on Orange Beach :)

Yeah, he didn't know his own cell number, so he was going to call back with it. I guess he forgot. All I had was the home number that he called from - LOL :D

Bummer. I have been very lucky so far.

Yeah, he didn't know his own cell number, so he was going to call back with it. I guess he forgot. All I had was the home number that he called from - LOL :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :rofl3: that's MY MAN!! :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom