It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Urinating is a major cause of fluid loss during a dive.

It might be....but it sure does feel good in the middle of a dive:D

drinking a ton of water right before a dive doesn't make you more hydrated, it just makes you pee a lot. If you want to be really well hydrated, that starts many hours before a dive, and requires drinking something with at least a little electrolytes in it. Your body doesn't absorb a ton of water all at once well.

I need to get P-valve installed. My DUI has a relief zipper but I need help unzipping it! I tried the adult diaper which was uncomfortable bc it was so damn bulky. I also tried the incontinence pad, which works pretty well but kinda gross. I would only use it near the end of a dive. I have to retrain my brain to say "it's okay to pee in a drysuit" LOL

Funny that this comes up now. I'm at this moment washing my undergarnments after a small accident. The pee valve came loose a little and I got sea water in as well as a full bladder of, you know. And as they said earlier, a little bit of wee is the same cleaning as letting it all go. So I did. But that's not true, now the sock needs washing too.

I really don' like my P-valve. I find it very cumbersome, It always feels like it's leaking (but only now it was the first time, and it was very obvious) and getting the rubber off is a eye watering experience. So, for dives under one hour, I didn't bother. Till last week, after a rather short but deep dive with 25 minutes of decompression time. I had to pee so badly my kindneys were killing me. My GF high is 75 but I had to surface at GF80 (Thank you shearwater for surfGF!!), cutting it 4 minutes short. This was new to me, as I can easily wait for two hours or more.

So, if I plan a decompression dive, from now on, I'll be using a P-valve. No exception. And I will be checking the valve itself every dive as well.

Funny that this comes up now. I'm at this moment washing my undergarnments after a small accident. The pee valve came loose a little and I got sea water in as well as a full bladder of, you know. And as they said earlier, a little bit of wee is the same cleaning as letting it all go. So I did. But that's not true, now the sock needs washing too.

I really don' like my P-valve. I find it very cumbersome, It always feels like it's leaking (but only now it was the first time, and it was very obvious) and getting the rubber off is a eye watering experience. So, for dives under one hour, I didn't bother. Till last week, after a rather short but deep dive with 25 minutes of decompression time. I had to pee so badly my kindneys were killing me. My GF high is 75 but I had to surface at GF80 (Thank you shearwater for surfGF!!), cutting it 4 minutes short. This was new to me, as I can easily wait for two hours or more.

So, if I plan a decompression dive, from now on, I'll be using a P-valve. No exception. And I will be checking the valve itself every dive as well.

What valve?

Sitech balanced on a Ursuit cordura. The fix was simple, turn it tighter a little bit. First time in 200 dives with this suit, I guess I touched it. It was a dive after a harsh dive with massive swell in a shallow gully with lots of kelp in Norway, now that I think of it.

Beautifull anemonies though, but it was like diving in a washing machine :-/

Sitech balanced on a Ursuit cordura. The fix was simple, turn it tighter a little bit. First time in 200 dives with this suit, I guess I touched it. It was a dive after a harsh dive with massive swell in a shallow gully with lots of kelp in Norway, now that I think of it.

Beautifull anemonies though, but it was like diving in a washing machine :-/
The halcyon p valve is the best hands down.

200 dives, no issues with the sitech. You are probably right, but is only a one direction valve, isn't it? And when they come loose, they all leak.

Sitech balanced on a Ursuit cordura. The fix was simple, turn it tighter a little bit. First time in 200 dives with this suit, I guess I touched it.

I have the same, I believe it says in the manual and elsewhere to tighten periodically, especially after the 1st few dives or service.

I did a lot of research, couldn't find any difference between the Halcyon or the LM Tinkle (besides the price hike for that nifty little "H").

I still went with the less expensive but slightly lower profile Si-tech Trigon. I'm really happy so far. I'll regret it when it leakso_O:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom