ISOSAD- International Semi-Organized ScubUNO Association of Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's is fun.

And while playing card games under water may seem silly, it does have some skill benefits as well. It's great practice for buoyancy control - staying in your place around the draw pile so you don't get accused of looking at other people's cards, staying a set distance above the platform, etc.

You make it sound so hard, ecky... When Rachel and I played our two hour and forty-seven minute long ISOSAD marathon dive, we used bungee straps to make arm holds on the 18' platform. If we'd been floating, we may have had to fin and end up calling the dive at only two and a half hours, even! :D

ClayJar:
You make it sound so hard, ecky... When Rachel and I played our two hour and forty-seven minute long ISOSAD marathon dive, we used bungee straps to make arm holds on the 18' platform. If we'd been floating, we may have had to fin and end up calling the dive at only two and a half hours, even! :D

And your way has the added benefit of needing more gear for all the equipment junkies out there :D

JahJahwarrior:
So, if I joined, then I could say

"I like to play uno underwater because ISOSAD."

well then I want to play spoons underwater instead, I'd rather be happy at the end of a dive!

Lol...Scubuno's pretty addictive, though. Despite losing three straight to eckybay (and I'm still scratching my head about that), we were pretty content at the end of it.

And am I detecting a possible thematic connection between us based on our usernames, JJW?

:14:

Joe... I think you think too much (scratching your head and detecting all in ONE post- you're pushing yourself too hard!).

I just thought twice in one post and it really wore me out!

ScubUNO beats spoons and connect four (sorry erparamedic, it DOES beat connect four) on ANY dive.

I believe I hold the record so far for most games LOST, though!

trucker girl:
ScubUNO beats spoons and connect four (sorry erparamedic, it DOES beat connect four) on ANY dive.

No hard feelings, TG... Connect Four is a "quick and easy" game.... ScubUNO requires SKILL! And skill is something that I have in very limited supply! LOL :wink:

"ScubUNO beats... connect four..." -TG
"ScubUNO requires SKILL! And skill is something that I have in very limited supply!" -erp

Coincidence? :D

How about laminating "a card" that has two colors on each side for the draw four problem. I know it is a couple more cards to use but deal with it. :D Anybody tried to play scuba quarters?

:confused:
I go away and soemone makes a whole new thread! What's going on with the old one!!!
Note to self- STOP GOING AWAY!!!

Just as a side note, I am bringing my deck to Mexico! If I can't play in Canada.....

The thing is, with spoons, you should make it so you have to hover 10 feet off the bottom, when you reach for a spoon, you have to descend without kicking or moving, all 10 feet and grab something out of the pile of spoons on the ocean floor. :)

And actualy, I'm not rasta, I'm a huge POD fan (their older stuff, not their newer stuff :) ), the user name comes from track 13 on The Fundamental Elements of Southtown, "JahJahwarrior." I'm a creature of habit, I use this name on most forums. If that won't work, PSDropowtt is my second choice. Heck, I only have three passwords, so if I can't remember it, I only have to try a few times !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom