isolator open or closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed once bubbled...

Sorry, missed that one. I don't pay much attention to personal pissing contests.

Chris, I really wish you would just keep your mouth shut. Do you honestly believe everyone that subscribes to quest is a bona fide DIR zealot? Do you honestly believe that citing Manos' posts proves that? You get upset by DD's statements but then use the same logic to support your position. Cut me a break. You are so ignorant that it's not even funny anymore. Every time you touch a keyboard you simply offer more proof.

You think I believe my own generalization any more then I believe DD's generalization? It's called good for the goose is good for the gander. Get a clue.

Do I need to have another 45 minute chat session with you to get you to understand again?

chrpai once bubbled...
You think I believe my own generalization any more then I believe DD's generalization? It's called good for the goose is good for the gander. Get a clue.

Hmm.. I think it's called 'God forbid I be the bigger man and step it up'.

This sounds like I'm overhearing something coming out of an elementary school principals office. "But johnny said it first!"

Grow up.

Spectre once bubbled...
This sounds like I'm overhearing something coming out of an elementary school principals office.
What were you doing outside of the pricipal's office? Waiting for detention for forgetting to cut your hair again?? :HAHAHA: Cutting class? Sheeesh....I always thought higher of you spec....

Spectre once bubbled...

Hmm.. I think it's called 'God forbid I be the bigger man and step it up'.

This sounds like I'm overhearing something coming out of an elementary school principals office. "But johnny said it first!"

Grow up.

Actually its called rhetoric, and I don't see it ending anytime soon unfortunatly.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Manos make a statement that seems very clear and I don't believe that it's a language issue. .... The only language difference is due to the fact that he speaks QUEST. A place where they aren't used to being exposed to different ideas.

He's a lemming just here to give us his George Irvine impersonation.
You should really preface statements like with with a coke alert. :)

the reason for the invention of manifolds with isolation valves was that people who used to dive with independent tanks all to often would switch to that second tank and find that a problem had left them without the ability to use the air there or there may not have been any air left at all.

Most divers who dove independent doubles would breathe down both tanks at the same time by switching regs underwater to insure proper funtioning of both systems.

I use an isolator manifold open becuase its much easier.

Julie

That's a reason for manifolds, not a reason for manifolds with isolation valves.

Those last 2 posts almost addressed the topic of this thread. Anyone remember what the topic was? I think something to do with should the isolator be closed or open.

Or maybe it was about lemmings and coke. . . . or maybe whose instructor could beat up someone else's instructor. . . did I see a post that addressed diving on hydrox in there as well?

Oh well, time to stop reading the additions to this thread, I guess. There should be a stamp or notation on the thread title that notes: this topic has degraded into name-calling and no longer resembles the original quesiton anymore.

theskull

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom