ISO riverbed conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really shouldn't be trying to breathe underwater, John, unless you have your SCUBA gear with you. :wink:

I bet he was just snorkeling!! :rofl3:

I haven't been to Travis in a while, I used to go down twice a month but to spend the money on a road trip to travis with the intent of going to the river bed I'd like to have some vis, if I want to dive mud there are places close to home that I can do for free without the diesel expense.

As matter of fact I got on here looking for reports because its getting to be "that" time of year.

My best dive I've ever had in travis was to the bottom on the dam side along the walls there, I'm willing to spend the time and money to drive down for that.

I'm not willing to spend the money for touch contact diving, I can do that for free up here.

I haven't been to Travis in a while, I used to go down twice a month but to spend the money on a road trip to travis with the intent of going to the river bed I'd like to have some vis, if I want to dive mud there are places close to home that I can do for free without the diesel expense.

As matter of fact I got on here looking for reports because its getting to be "that" time of year.

My best dive I've ever had in travis was to the bottom on the dam side along the walls there, I'm willing to spend the time and money to drive down for that.

I'm not willing to spend the money for touch contact diving, I can do that for free up here.

Huh?? :confused: We're not trying to twist anyone's arm...just share info. That's great if you can come down and enjoy the lake, if not that's OK too. We're pretty easy going that way. :)

This week Zinc and I are planning to make a dive starting from the stairs where the lift is in the Mansfield SCUBA area and head straight across the lake as far as we can get. Not sure how far out we'll make it, but we'll go out as far as we can and give ya'll an updated trip report.

This week Zinc and I are planning to make a dive starting from the stairs where the lift is in the Mansfield SCUBA area and head straight across the lake as far as we can get. Not sure how far out we'll make it, but we'll go out as far as we can and give ya'll an updated trip report.

"........ area and head straight across the lake as far as we can get. Not sure how far out we'll make it,......"

Now this is the kind of diving I LIKES!!!!

"........ area and head straight across the lake as far as we can get. Not sure how far out we'll make it,......"

Now this is the kind of diving I LIKES!!!!
Wanna join us?:D

Wanna join us?:D

Hmmmmmmmm.... which day you guys thinking??

We haven't decided for sure...give us some options. :D

I am on the exact same page as you.

Dave

Huh?? :confused: We're not trying to twist anyone's arm...just share info. That's great if you can come down and enjoy the lake, if not that's OK too. We're pretty easy going that way. :)

The post wasn't directed at you, I gave you thanks to you for giving a conditions report.

My post was meant for people that don't understand why some people don't want to drive 200 miles for brail diving.

Good dive reports have saved me a lot of money, with diesel prices where they were doing a run to travis was costing upwards of $180 by the time I pay for gas, diesel, grab a bite to eat pay to get in etc.

Sorry, must've misread or misunderstood your point. I do understand not wanting to drive if the conditions aren't worth it. I've skipped a couple of opportunities lately and have just stayed home to dive the local pond. I've been trying to get away from the usual dive spots and explore other parts of the lake. I've found some very interesting things by choosing the "path least traveled." :D

Like I said, Zinc and I will report back on the conditions soon. We'll be diving near Mansfield tomorrow if all goes well. We'll report back afterwards.
The post wasn't directed at you, I gave you thanks to you for giving a conditions report.

My post was meant for people that don't understand why some people don't want to drive 200 miles for brail diving.

Good dive reports have saved me a lot of money, with diesel prices where they were doing a run to travis was costing upwards of $180 by the time I pay for gas, diesel, grab a bite to eat pay to get in etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom