Is this redneck diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I have done the rock thing too-hey, what a great idea for a poll! How many of you have grabbed rock(s) to maintain buoyancy during a dive?:wink:

Poog

Been there, did that -- and found out that rocks, although they seem very heavy when you have to dig them out of holes, are amazingly buoyant when you need the weight!

A real redneck diver would take a 'dip' before the dive and still have have the chew when surfacing.

Yeecchh!! I can't even imagine doing that. :yuck::l:

I didn't even know they made farmer john's that thick. When I did rescue class our victim forgot his weights so he grabbed what rocks he could. We had a couple extra weights but no weight belt so he shoved the extra weights and rocks into his wetsuit. Impossible to drop his weights while breathing/getting gear off and swimming into shore. We told him if he forgot them the next day we would let him sink.

I meant the top was 7mm and the bottom was 6mm, for a total of thirteen on the torso.

Also if you chew while diving, do you spit it out or swallow it? I guess if you swallow it, you won't have worms after. :) also: if a redneck goes wreck diving is he diving on a car wreck?

brihno:
I meant the top was 7mm and the bottom was 6mm, for a total of thirteen on the torso.

Also if you chew while diving, do you spit it out or swallow it? I guess if you swallow it, you won't have worms after. :) also: if a redneck goes wreck diving is he diving on a car wreck?

It's only redneck diving if the car is his wife's, and he wrecked it into the lake the night before, drunk on moonshine.

Fish_Whisperer:
LMAO!! That is SO redneck!!! (Which means that I really like it!) LOL! Good job on knockin' it out! :wink:

Fishie, I'm going to tell all the girls in Tennessee to ignore you because you are makin' fun of rednecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom