Is this normal for scuba tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as i can see the regulator does have a filter on it, and a fairly long filter at that, like I said, I let all the air breathe out and no particles came out, I also just washed it and there wasn't that much crud.

Not that much, you say. :)

I'm worried about your lungs. Heaven only knows what you may have inhaled. Maybe nothing, maybe some microparticles of ?
Perhaps not making you cough now but who knows what could happen later, as those microparticles, sit around in your lungs, year after year.

I know you probably spent a bit of money on this item and so it's causing you aggravation, that we aren't just helping you out the way you wanted us to do.

But please be assured, we are indeed helping but only if you take our advice.

Well, not all of our advice. I'm not so sure about "rol diy".

At least he is doing stuff and not on drugs playing video games and doing nothing with his life...
He wants information give it... don't get all personal. Thats life, how to find the info you need.
he has the tank anyway and is using it..
Let him make an informed decision..

Sounds like the 90's
can't mix gas and dive it. you'll kill yourself...
Now we have trimix and nitrox....
killer gases... which you can use if you have a little plastic card....

Read and get informed on whatever you are doing.. and don't tell others online about your ideas... scuba police will come after you.

Can't be done people need to .Move over for the people that are doing it.
yeah, like wtf. I littteratly just want help on how to properly take care of this tank. They are just throwing their made-up BS at me. just because this tank doesn't have DOT stamped on it. It works perfectly fine and holds 200 bars perfectly fine. The regulator works great, pressure gauge works great. I just want to know where I can go to have someone inspect it, I mean if I have someone inspect it and they say it's corroded and made of 2 different castes, I'm not gonna ******* use it. BUT WHERE CAN I GO TO HAVE SOMEONE SAY THAT TO ME.

yeah, like wtf. I littteratly just want help on how to properly take care of this tank. They are just throwing their made-up BS at me. just because this tank doesn't have DOT stamped on it. It works perfectly fine and holds 200 bars perfectly fine. The regulator works great, pressure gauge works great. I just want to know where I can go to have someone inspect it, I mean if I have someone inspect it and they say it's corroded and made of 2 different castes, I'm not gonna ******* use it. BUT WHERE CAN I GO TO HAVE SOMEONE SAY THAT TO ME.
What part of the state?

Not that much, you say. :)

I'm worried about your lungs. Heaven only knows what you may have inhaled. Maybe nothing, maybe some microparticles of ?
Perhaps not making you cough now but who knows what could happen later, as those microparticles, sit around in your lungs, year after year.

I know you probably spent a bit of money on this item and so it's causing you aggravation, that we aren't just helping you out the way you wanted us to do.

But please be assured, we are indeed helping but only if you take our advise.

Well, not all of our advise. I'm not so sure about rof diy.
I have already gotten approved for a full refund. I just wanted to see if you guys thought those particles were corrosion or if I can just clean it out. Before I return it. To me it seems fine, when I go get the big tank filled I'm gunna ask the guy if he can take a look at the little one, like someone said, he can't fill it, but I don't see why he wouldn't look at it for me.

What part of the state?
Charlotte, I found some palces that can fill my larger tank. I;m gunna ask them if they can look at this smaller one for me. not fill it. But maybe you guys know of an actually certified station that inspects tanks or cleans tanks. Thanks!

I just want to know where I can go to have someone inspect it, I mean if I have someone inspect it and they say it's corroded and made of 2 different castes, I'm not gonna ******* use it. BUT WHERE CAN I GO TO HAVE SOMEONE SAY THAT TO ME.
Europe.
At best, you have a Chinese tank manufactured for the European market.
At worst, you have a fraudulent tank that is a disaster that is waiting to happen, and will likely involve you and/or your Dad.
Is it worth it?

Charlotte, I found some palces that can fill my larger tank. I;m gunna ask them if they can look at this smaller one for me. not fill it. But maybe you guys know of an actually certified station that inspects tanks or cleans tanks. Thanks!
I don’t know Charlotte but honestly I doubt that anyone will be able to give you better info than what you have gotten here on scubaboard, including the posts by 2airishuman.

Europe.
At best, you have a Chinese tank manufactured for the European market.
At worst, you have a fraudulent tank that is a disaster that is waiting to happen, and will likely involve you and/or your Dad.
Is it worth it?
Yeah but you are just guessing. If fraudulent tanks are a problem why are there not places that inspect tanks to make sure they aren't fraudulent, that way people can be safe? It's ridiculous to just assume everyone that isn't DOT is just fraudulent.

I don’t know Charlotte but honestly I doubt that anyone will be able to give you better info than what you have gotten here on scubaboard, including the posts by 2airishuman.
I mean people on here are really just assuming what the stuff in the tank is from my ****** picture, hopefully, someone at a shop will actually be able to figure out what it is. and possibly fix what it is or tell me how to fix it.

I am certified, I wanted a little thing that I can swim around at 10ft, and I can easily pack in the car or take on a plane. What would you recommend for cleaning away "forming scale"? As far as I know, the blue segment on the pump is the filter, I also only fill it while inside so there isn't that much moisture or particles in the air anyways.

Noah,

There are numerous, commercially available tumbling mediums.

The tank will have to be positioned on a tumbler, and tumbled until it is clean.

Crystal Simple Green, is a common biodegradable cleaning liquid, used for oxygen service cleaning.

Again, Personally, I wouldn't use that BangGood system for anything.

For plunker dives, suggest a good set of regs and a small DOT/CTC certified scuba cylinder, 3AL40/3AL50/3AA LP steel 50.

Check out Dive Gear Express, for small singles/mini doubles.

Rose.

Back
Top Bottom