Is this a good deal? **URGENT**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry scubafanatic, you assume incorrectly.

The picture shows the twins are made of 6498 and appear to have been made in 1979. So the twins at least are made of the suspect alloy which is has the DOT safety notice on it due to potential cracking problem.

Can't make enough of the other two tanks stamps to comment on them.

http://www.scubabomb.freeservers.com/List.htm

Take them to a LDS and have them empty them, VIP and refill before you use them. Since they were Hydro'd last Janurary and obviously VIP'd then also, they will be due in the next two months anyway. The better part of valor is to have them checked.

is to just pony up the $ and get a new AL80. Since I see a Sport Chalet VIZ sticker and I believe there is one in Camarillo, get one of their $25 off on a purchase of $100 or more that show up in the mail every month or so. As has been pointed out above, there are a handful of issues around tanks that you might not be able to diagnose and for the extra few bucks, you will have peace of mind.

YMMV

Otter once bubbled...
is to just pony up the $ and get a new AL80. Since I see a Sport Chalet VIZ sticker and I believe there is one in Camarillo, get one of their $25 off on a purchase of $100 or more that show up in the mail every month or so. As has been pointed out above, there are a handful of issues around tanks that you might not be able to diagnose and for the extra few bucks, you will have peace of mind.

YMMV

Sports Chalet sells AL 80s from Catalina brand new for $109.00 all year long, and at least once a year for $99.00. So pony up the extra $40.00 and get a tank that is 20+ years newer and not made of a suspect alloy.

Back
Top Bottom