Is this a good deal? **URGENT**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cafka

Registered
Reaction score
I can get two aluminum 90s for $60 each. They were hydroed back in January.
Is this a good deal? I need to know soon because I would have to go and pick them upp right now.

Thanks,
Tom

If the tanks are hydroed and have a current vis they are a good deal with valves. Make sure that you have the valve burst disk looked at. I had one on an older tank go off on me and it is because they are hardly ever looked at. They are a minimal cost to have them replaced...just a thought

Dive save,

sure....even if they tanks are crap, you can salvage the valves...more than likely

What is my wife selling my gear behind my back!

Hmm...the perspective on the picture is interesting. Are you talking about the doubles or the two single tanks? The doubles look small for 90s ( I haven't personally seen an AL90, only AL80s and AL100s). The single on the left has a color more similar to steel.

I am ignoring the fact that they are vized by the 'evil empire' as some have referred to them.

......I'm assuming they're not made of that 'recalled' aluminum alloy, are they? Also, that manifold is pretty low grade...... non-isolation , single 'outlet', and a yoke too...not a valve setup I'd do any real diving with personally.

As long as you accept those limitations and are satisfied anyway, by all means enjoy your purchase!

Karl

He says, "1 dual 50, 1 steel 72 and 2 alum 90."
Sorry I forgot to specify in the picture. They are each $60.

I'm just starting out and want to get a tank, so i don't have to rent. I don't know much about tank setups, so i figured all i have to do is make sure it's hydroed, that the o-ring is ok and I'm good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom