Is This a Good Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had it turned up to 2100 PSI by adjusting the pressure regulator. You just take the plate off the back of where the 4 mounting holes are and with a 1/4" wrench you turn the nut on the right side counter clockwise to increase the pressure of when it shuts off. The nut on the left side can be turned to adjust the pressure at witch the compressor comes back on.
In a way that is a better system than the 130-R-1500 because it would shut off when your tank was full.
That little Cornelius took 4 times as long to fill a tank and only to 2100 psi

I had it turned up to 2100 PSI by adjusting the pressure regulator. You just take the plate off the back of where the 4 mounting holes are and with a 1/4" wrench you turn the nut on the right side counter clockwise to increase the pressure of when it shuts off. The nut on the left side can be turned to adjust the pressure at witch the compressor comes back on.
In a way that is a better system than the 130-R-1500 because it would shut off when your tank was full.
That little Cornelius took 4 times as long to fill a tank and only to 2100 psi

By modified I meant physically altered. Just in case you aren't aware they can be modified to pump to 3000 psi.

https://personal.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6d638a5f6075b5a46a

Then download:

Cornelius compressor conversion.pdf

I finally got my little hourmeter from China it was less than $10 shipping included.
It seems to work OK. (SEE PUCTURE)
I settled on Mobile Jet II oil and filled it to the top mark on the dipstick, after running for a short time oil started to squirt out of the little hole on the oil fill cap. I drained some of the oil out and it stop squirting. I'm running my oil level little over half full and it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_5444.JPG
    IMG_5444.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5446.JPG
    IMG_5446.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 73
I finally got my little hourmeter from China it was less than $10 shipping included.
It seems to work OK. (SEE PUCTURE)
I settled on Mobile Jet II oil and filled it to the top mark on the dipstick, after running for a short time oil started to squirt out of the little hole on the oil fill cap. I drained some of the oil out and it stop squirting. I'm running my oil level little over half full and it works great.

I've been filling mine to the mark on the dipstick and that is with it screwed in all the way (then unscrew it to read it). I think that's what it said in the instructions I downloaded from vintagedoublehose.com.

The hour meter looks very handy, much easier than writing it all down and adding it all up!

I check my oil the same way.
What oil are you using?
Maybe the thin Moble Jet oil I am using now is the reason it squirted out. I did not see it with the heavy mineral oil.
I talked to Jim Shelden and he recommends Mobil Jet II oil and don't fill more than 3/4 full.

I check my oil the same way.
What oil are you using?
Maybe the thin Moble Jet oil I am using now is the reason it squirted out. I did not see it with the heavy mineral oil.
I talked to Jim Shelden and he recommends Mobil Jet II oil and don't fill more than 3/4 full.

I'm using Nuvair 751 which is replacing ChemLube with no legible number (probably 751). I bought it online from Nuvair.

Somebody posted the specs here and the Nuvair and ChemLube are nearly identical, if I recall.

From what I have read, when you switch from mineral oil to synthetic you will get sludge. To the best of my understanding that is caused by the new oil loosening up old crud inside the crankcase. I'll have to go back and review that information and get back to you. Was it in this thread? This is a long-running thread and I have a short-running memory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom