Is there a way to take off DIN inlet port without a vise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just get a DIN to Yolk adapter?

If you are converting from DIN to Yoke, I VERY HIGHLY recommend you just get an adapter. You might eventually find yourself wishing you had DIN for a lower profile, or ability to handle HP tanks. If you have DIN tanks, and need to let a buddy borrow them, the yoke-inserts are only a few dollars on DGX or other places.

$27 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NX8UIY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, if you're really going to remove and replace the din-adapter, I'll give you $25 to ship the DIN adapter to me ... that is of course assuming the metal/plastic parts are in good working condition condition (I can replace any O-rings, and minor scuffs fine).

Switch back and forth? Adapter? Phooey!

I just have stages for DIN and stages for yoke.

Each family member has a complete warm water travel set (yoke) and a complete cold water set (DIN).

Used market has made it all possible very economically...

YMMV

Switch back and forth? Adapter? Phooey!

I just have stages for DIN and stages for yoke.

Each family member has a complete warm water travel set (yoke) and a complete cold water set (DIN).

Used market has made it all possible very economically...

YMMV

What effort does it take to spin on a removable yoke adapter, which all of my regulators already possessed, upon purchase — a kilocalorie?

What effort does it take to spin on a removable yoke adapter, which all of my regulators already possessed, upon purchase — a kilocalorie?
The effort of rubbing the bump on the back of your head where you bonked it on your first stage.
At which point you think, "Damn! Why don't these guys rent DIN tanks like the rest of the civilized world?" :D

full.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom