Is there a convenient and risk-free way for an American to go to Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is your easy answer.

JOIN the Army and ask to be stationed at Gitmo.
Denounce your USA citizenship and fly to Cuba via Canada. Since you don't want to play
by the rules and think your someone special this is the way for you to go.

It is cheap there. This week, the travel agencies are selling an all included 7 days trip for around 550 can $ (about 450 USD). Includes taxes, plane, hotel, food (all you can eat), rum (all you can drink). dives not included but for around 50 can $, you have a 2tanks dive trip so it's still not expensive. I wonder if they make money at all with those trips.

Shallow Draft:
Cuba does not stamp your passport.
I have been to Cuba 4x in the past 18 months and never had my pasport stamped. They do stamp your tourist visa. The people are very friendly and would not be able to tell the difference between a Canadian or American nor would they likely care.
I have heard that all flights that travel over US land have their flight manafests registered with homeland security.
So beware. Best to go through Mexico
Anyway, the diving is not great only about 100ft vis and 84 degree water and all that pesky coral and marine life to get in your way.

You are soooo on a Govt. list!

I know people who have gone to Cuba and loved it. Fly via mexico then to Cuba and back again. Cuba wont stamp your passport if you ask them not to.

Kaz

I won't even try it. I've been to enough protests to definitely have file, so I'll stay squeaky clean!LOL

Wardric;;

NSA and Home land security need something to do.
Tracking middle aged Canadian scuba divers would appear to be a major security problem.
If I lived on Toronto I would be on the large island south of Key West once a month.
Governments do need to appear to be doing something. Ours is going to ban handguns. Good thing I sold/lost/had mine stolen last week.

Shallow Draft:
Wardric;;

NSA and Home land security need something to do.
Tracking middle aged Canadian scuba divers would appear to be a major security problem.
If I lived on Toronto I would be on the large island south of Key West once a month.
Governments do need to appear to be doing something. Ours is going to ban handguns. Good thing I sold/lost/had mine stolen last week.

which government are you talking about? I mean, There are Rocky mountains in both countries so are you US or Can. Cause handguns have been banned here for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom