Is the DSS Thorus 25 Wing actually a horse shoe?!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
I also don't see this obsession with making wing so narrow. How much are you reducing drag by doing so? Am I going to be able to go another 4-5ft per kick cycle as a function of a much narrower wing? If not, what's the point? If you're holding your head up as you kick (ie in 'good trim') then you already have a big concrete block out in front that's creating drag.</rant>

For the typical diver that goes up and down and does not swim long distances, drag is not an issue. It is an issue for someone swimming 2000+ feet into a cave.

If you dive the typical single cylinder BC vs any wing, you will notice less drag in the water --- due to less drag from the wing and less drag because of improved trim.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

I was trained in an Eclipse. Had to use a traditional jacket for a few dives and hated it. Bought an Eclipse and never looked back...
I hope on that note that I'm not 2,000+ft back in a cave, in my Eclipse, ever. :wink:

Is there any brand that use his time to do wings instead of talking and talking....
I don't see the point, your not listening to each other....
Maybe it is time to stop there....
OK, two good brands, but different brands with different ideas, nice....
I think it's good that the brands are so different, divers have different neads.....
That's my 0.02...

Man... considering the passion of these two guys, I think I'll buy *BOTH* the Mach V, *and* the Torus!!!

Can't go wrong...

Patrick:
For the typical diver that goes up and down and does not swim long distances, drag is not an issue. It is an issue for someone swimming 2000+ feet into a cave.

If you dive the typical single cylinder BC vs any wing, you will notice less drag in the water --- due to less drag from the wing and less drag because of improved trim.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

Who's taking any single wing into an overhead?

Tobin

Stephen Ash:
Yes. All of them.

So asking you to support your positions is inflammatory?

Asking for data is inflammatory?

Should I assume that anything that challenges your position is inflammatory?

Guess these are inflammatory too......

Tobin

SparticleBrane:
I also personally like to use an STA but again that's just my opinion.

Many of us do. :D

SparticleBrane:
I also don't see this obsession with making wing so narrow.

But... but... look at this pic and tell me it doesn't make you drool...

mach_V_3.jpg

Nah...but this one does. :wink:

closet.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom