Is the DSS Thorus 25 Wing actually a horse shoe?!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wingman_:
Tobin, i think you are overreacting. Can anyone honestly think after reading my post that i am unhappy with the wing? No, i am just asking a question because there was something there that i did not understand. This is a board concerning boyancy systems, everyone asks questions or emmit concerns about some gear they have or are planning to buy and i have yet to see another manufacturer other than you calling that inflamatory.

As you said yourself in the sentence "ask inflamatory questions", i was asking a question, which as far as i know cannot be inflamatory since it is a question.

The very title "Is the DSS Thorus 25 Wing actually a horse shoe?!!!!" of your OP implies that it is possible our gear is not what we advertize it to be.

Wingman_:
How can i "make false claims" when all i do is ask a question about a behaviour i don't fully understand?

I never said you made any false claims, your title implies that I have.

Wingman_:
Granted my question was a bit too sensational,

Where does "too sensational" end and inflammitory begin?

Wingman_:
How could anyone interested in your gear be discouraged by reading such a question?

It implies there is a problem with our gear, and the truthfulness of our claims. Neither of which leaves a positive impression. Many, many people reading these threads have zero experience with a BP&W, and use forums like this to try an develop an overall opinion.

Wingman_:
If anyone really is interested in your gear, like i was, and is looking into the BC section of the forum and reads a title like this, he will obviously click to see what it's inside and he will most definitly read your prompt reply.

What if I'm away a few days, say on a dive trip?

Wingman_:
The only conclusion he could take from this is that you are available to answer any questions we have.

You are making assumption that only one conclusion can be drawn.

Wingman_:
I am planning on posting a full review of the wing anyway when i feel i've tested it enough. I will also test this underwater but i can already say that i didn't notice it during my first dive so it all makes sense.

Good I look forward to it. I have no problem with questions, or feedback, I welcome both. A sensational approach seems counterproductive.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
The very title "Is the DSS Thorus 25 Wing actually a horse shoe?!!!!" of your OP implies that it is possible our gear is not what we advertize it to be.
I don't know what the business in the US is like but where i come from it is possible any gear made by any manufacturer is not what they advertize it to be. The keyword here is "being possible". This being as it is, my title does not imply anything but the status quo and does not put DSS in a different position than any other manufacturer. At least that's how i saw it.
I never said you made any false claims, your title implies that I have.
Again, it does not imply it, it merely asks if it is the case. The line between question and absolute truth is never crossed, nor could it be in any reader's mind.
Where does "too sensational" end and inflammitory begin?
Too sensational ends and inflammitory begins when i say the thorus is a horse show instead of asking it, at least that's my oppinion.

I see now that the problem really was putting DSS in the title, i should've just asked if my doughnut wing was a horseshoe. I never intended to do DSS any harm because i couldn't rince my wing without rotating it, and i apologize if it appeared that way.

Is the LCD fabricated in a similar manner? Sometimes I have to dance with mine to get all the water out... but I don't mind, I think of it as bonding time with something that I love... :D

plot:
Is the LCD fabricated in a similar manner? Sometimes I have to dance with mine to get all the water out... but I don't mind, I think of it as bonding time with something that I love... :D

No the LCD wing are Horseshoe style wings. One thing to remember; The OPV fitting has a raised fitting inside the bladder. That means even if you have the OPV facing straight down there will be water pooled around it. To remove the maximum water from the bladder, i.e the last little bit you need to oreint the OPV straight down and shake the wing a bit, vent the OPV and repeat.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
No the LCD wing are Horseshoe style wings. One thing to remember; The OPV fitting has a raised fitting inside the bladder. That means even if you have the OPV facing straight down there will be water pooled around it. To remove the maximum water from the bladder, i.e the last little bit you need to oreint the OPV straight down and shake the wing a bit, vent the OPV and repeat.

Tobin

I'll try that next time I'm out. Thanks for the tip.

Ok to make everybody happy why dont you give me a ONE time discount to Me so I can buy the Torus...and then we can all be happy.

In my personal opinion, the original post was inflammatory in nature.

Furthermore, it occurs to me that if I had this concern with a wing that I bought, I would simpy call or email the manufacturer directly instead of posting an obviously sensational, typo-filled smear thread on a scuba diving forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom