Is Pixtreme 3.1MP U/W Digital Camera good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.

I am considering getting this U/W camera from Pixtreme
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...7?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00069ZWKS

It's a 3.1MP digital U/W camera, supposed to be good for 125'. At $108 it sounds like a very good price. A friend just ordered it, and said it doesn't turn on, and will be returning.

Has anyone had experience with this camera, especially on how robust this one is?

Thanks a lot.

I actually just bought it about 3 weeks ago or so, and took a few pics down in panama city. Thus far I have only dove with it one time, and I liked how the pictures of people came out on the regular setting, not the macro setting. I haven't taken any pics yet on the macro setting. I plan to do that here in about a week. Here are a few pics that I took in 80 feet of water with the camera set on the "regular" setting. Also, the flash wasn't on. The time that the camera takes to process the pictures with the flash is looooonnngggggg.

post-59-1120006981.jpg

post-59-1120007010.jpg

post-59-1120006876.jpg

Keep in mind that this was in PCB FL. and the vis. wasn't prefect. it was pretty good, but not the best for taking pics. And the flash was not on. I'll let you know how the other pics on the macro setting come out after my madison rock quarry dive.

Just thought I'd let y'all know that these are now available at Amazon.com for only $70+$10 shipping. I've got one on order. I'm not too big on photography, but I thought it would be fun to keep in a thigh pocket. For $80, you don't have to worry about your $400 digital camera getting killed by a leak in your $200 digital housing. Why not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom