is my XS beta titanium tanto dull?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best no-sharpen for a long time knife I've seen is the Boker Ceramic line. Expensive but they hold an edge. Have not seen one in a long time though. Do a search on google and see what you come up with.

thanks again Jim. i found this site.

[i found the Boker site Jim but i have to post once more for a URL]:depressed:

also found some info on sharpening. it appears these Bokers don't come with sheaths and or where i can wear it on my wade belt.

i'm going to Academy in a while and see what they got to sharpen my knife. i need something for all my kitchen knives anyway. another step of turning into my dad...lol:eyebrow:

I have a boker folding knife. Awesome, and very expensive... and they are fragile. I dont think you'd want to use that for cutting bait.

You have a fine purchase. Just sharpen it like any other knife, do your best... I'd keep a steel handy for quick touch-ups.

I have a boker folding knife. Awesome, and very expensive... and they are fragile. I dont think you'd want to use that for cutting bait.

You have a fine purchase. Just sharpen it like any other knife, do your best... I'd keep a steel handy for quick touch-ups.
thanks skip, i'm going to learn the fine art of sharpening my knife--and others.:)

Look at the Spyderco "Salt". I have thrown one in my BC pocket a few hundred dives ago and it still looks good. I did smear it with silicone grease first....

Hope you don't mind me chiming in, but you can skip the silicone if you'd like. H1 is chemically impossible to rust. We guarantee it. :wink:

Titanium as a material property does not hold an edge. While titanium is 100% corrosion proof to saltwater and many other items, for knifes its not the best.

A 316L or 304 stainless knife will not rust if you rinse it when done. It will also keep an edge much better.

Titanium as a material property does not hold an edge. While titanium is 100% corrosion proof to saltwater and many other items, for knifes its not the best.

A 316L or 304 stainless knife will not rust if you rinse it when done. It will also keep an edge much better.

thanks...yes after a coupla use's and going for the Lansky Diamond sharpener, i just accepted this knife. what a major pain in th azz. my dad did this crap and I----ooops, have become my dad......! it's sharp---for FISH. i compared it to my steel Sperco, it don't cut it(pardon the pun). my Sperco don't see saltwater. it just opens envelops---and is very good at it.

one remaining problem is the XS knife is made to attach to your leg.(with the short leg scabert). thats screwed up cause it needs to fit on my 4" wide fishin belt. so does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make this puppy viable or FIT on my fishin belt?

seriously! i was out there today fighting off fishand humans---:):lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom