Show me your Nice Knife! Vintage BFKs welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone got a stash of line cutters and scissors

View attachment 737999

or broken steak knives
I guess burglars pick up quite a few, I lost two Japanese original “Sunfish” dive knives to a burglar, there is one in your pile with its metal cross guard near the top of the photo, just peeking out from under another sheath. The advantage of these knives were you could dismantle the knife completely for post-dive cleaning.

Ok I'll play too, below is my trusty Sportways Navy knife w/ 7 "" blade. I bought it in 1970 or so for $8 or $10, and have used it every dive since. I used it on scallops, urchins and such. I strap it on the inside of my calf as every kelp diver knows, you never strap it on the outside of your calf due to kelp entanglement.:wink:

View attachment 479229

View attachment 479230
Know it's old post, but wanted to add not just to keep entanglement issues from happening, but also a weight belt intentionally dropped may snag on knife on outside of leg.

Back
Top Bottom