Is it worth upgrading Luna to G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am a recreational diver, dive 2 or 3 times per month, usually about an hour or so with depths between 30-40 feet depending on where we are. Occasionally a little deeper, but usually less. Primarily single tank dives. I have the Luna and really enjoy it, but have been pondering if I should treat myself and update to the G2. Trying to figure out if there is really that much I am going to gain off of upgrading aside from the obvious of Bluetooth and pretty color screen. I don't go on tropical vacations, though I would like to someday, but that's not really a deciding factor. I don't want to update my computer just for that type of diving since it might happen once or twice in my lifetime. From my research, seems like the G2 is an awesome computer, but not sure dropping an extra grand is worth it for what I am going to use it for.

Thanks

Yes, if you want a new toy and have extra cash kicking around.
No, as this is a want as opposed to a true need.
Ps - I've used both a Luna and a G2 and liked them both. I'm a rec diver. I was fortunate to know the regional ScubaPro Distributor rep. I ended up buying a 2nd hand Shearwater Petrel 2. Love it.

Is your luna not doing something that you want it to? I don't believe you can change the battery yourself with g2, so expect to pay your LDS a huge fee for what should otherwise be a cheap DIY battery change.

If you're looking to spend that kind of money on a new computer, you might also check out Ratio iX3M and Shearwater perdix. Both are in the same price range and are (imo) better computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom