is it true women can't do trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShakaZulu:
Why do we have two threads about the same subject???

We no longer do.

headhunter:
That's rediculous!

If it is in the US, then I'd make some noise. If not, then I'd act with safetly in mind according to local custom. If it's a troll, then you got me! :11:

I recommend that you print out all of the responses from women on this board who are tech divers carrying all of the gear that goes with that. Then read them all to him out loud in front of a group of people. That'll get him. Don't let him interrupt!

I would then give them to the people who run the University with a cover letter demanding a public apology to the women of the student body. I'd also send a letter to the agencies he represents letting them know about his "discrimination". Sometimes I hate to use that word because it's often not appropriate, but it seems like it really fits here.

Some of the women on this board work as tech divers at places that probably wouldn't even let this idiot dive with them. LOL, they probably wouldn't want him eating at the same table.

After making all of that noise, I agree that you should find someone else to take your class from.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Christian

Aww, come on people. Can we spell T-R-O-L-L :rolleyes:

I totally agree that it is BS. First off with the standard that women can't carry their equipment. Let me tell you, it isn't one of the "guys" who helps my buddy on with his double 112's, its me 5'4 little nothing. How dare anyone put a gender classification on anything.

I have a friend who is 95 pounds soaken wet and "she" is training to be a commercial diver!!!

Rick Murchison:
Well, now, inasmuch as my trimix instructor was a woman... and a 5'4" woman too... handled those doubles just fine, thank you.
Rick

Mine, too, except that I think she is an inch or so shorter than yours. Not only with double 104s and two 40s but also carrying a Gavin scooter. :11:

Troll or not, the answer has been resoundingly stated several times that there is no truth to the assertion. To stop feeding the troll, I am closing the thread. Cheers.

veroniquekoch:
Hi everyone! I found this site during a search about women using trimix. I was recently told that I can't join a trimix class at my university because I am a woman! The DO said that the gear load would be too much for me to handle (and I am no weakling). Any thoughts on this? I would love some articles and facts to bring back to him, so anyone who can contribute I'd really appreciate it!

I have a statistic for you. My wife is about 5 ft even, a little over 100 pounds and she dives trimix all the time. Uncle Ricky posted some video on TDS of her in a Florida cave wearing doubles and carrying 3 or 4 Al 80 stages. I don't remember how many she was carrying on that dive but that week she did dives where she had to carry as many as 6 stages and decompression bottles.

She's used both lp 104's and hp 100's and hauls herself up out of rough Great Lakes seas while wearing same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom